What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Annoying client at work

Dollhouse

Off Topix Veteran
Elite Member

So about 2 days ago I blocked this really annoying client on WhatsApp. I've been very and I mean VERY patient with him. And frankly, I think he's not even a potential client because he said he's not sure how he would pay everything cuz basically he has no money, and sorry we're not a charity so we can't help you with that. He would call and text me on weekend and late and night thinking I would always be ready 24/7. Since he realized that I blocked him on WhatsApp, he's been calling my office for the past 2 days saying the same goddamn thing to everyone. And since everybody at work knows his story, nobody wants to handle of him. Everybody advised me to just talk to him and say the things that he should hear, not what he would want to hear. I did that even though I was a bit scared (cuz he didn't seem mad about me blocking him for some reason?) but I told him that what he did really bothered me. He didn't even say sorry. I don't think he knows that he's wrong. I'm so frustrated. I hope he'll just go away and leave us all alone.

I can't stand douche bag customers like that. Fuck him. You did the right thing. Don't let it bother you.

I can't stand douche bag customers like that. Fuck him. You did the thing. Don't let it bother you.

Thank you so much. I know you said to not let it bother me and I really appreciate that, and I'm trying my best to do that, but now I'm sick and a part of me feels like the stress from him contributes to my sickness haha

Why is a client messaging you? Like what is the nature of the business? Whatever it is he shouldn't have the liberty to be calling, texting, etc or interacting with you after hours or anything like that. I would give this client to my supervisor to deal with going forward

Last edited:
Why is a client messaging you? Like what is the nature of the business? Whatever it is he shouldn't have the liberty to be calling, texting, etc or interacting with you after hours or anything like that.

So basically I do a consultation for his application to a master's degree and I helped him submit his application. For some reason he was freaking out about getting rejected even before the result came out and he kept calling and texting me asking the same thing; do I think he will get accepted? and every week he would always be like "Hi, this has been the third week after submitting, why is the result not out yet?" and then the the next week "Hi, this has been the fourth week after submitting, why is the result not out yet?"and he would force me to constantly send follow up emails to the university and now the university is not replying to my emails anymore.

Oh, got it. Instead of being available by messenger, you might want to make that clear that you don't take after hours messages and if you get one, then a standard, "I will be available in my office at such and such time on Monday after 9am or please email any questions" type thing so you aren't actively interacting? Just a thought in that regard

Oh, got it. Instead of being available by messenger, you might want to make that clear that you don't take after hours messages and if you get one, then a standard, "I will be available in my office at such and such time on Monday after 9am or please email any questions" type thing so you aren't actively interacting? Just a thought in that regard

Yep, he doesn't care :no2: this might sound kind of cruel but maybe there's something wrong with him 🤷‍♀️

As for the acceptance process, I assume you are helping complete the application and such? But once that is submitted, that is no longer in your hands and he would need to contact the university himself to find out his status.

Yep, he doesn't care :no2: this might sound kind of cruel but maybe there's something wrong with him 🤷‍♀️
Yes, but you just keep meeting him with the same standard, I am not available, please email any concerns or questions. Don't engage off hours at all.

Thank you so much. I know you said to not let it bother me and I really appreciate that, and I'm trying my best to do that, but now I'm sick and a part of me feels like the stress from him contributes to my sickness haha

I get you. I've had jobs where I knew I shouldn't worry about it at all. But it still bothered the hell out of me regardless.

Oh whaddayaknow the annoying guy is back. He texted me at like 7 pm. Great. I've prepared for a reply though, I'll be firm with him. I'll just reply the next morning

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom