What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Can people change?

MrDawn

Off Topix Legend

Do you believe people are capable of changing to be better or do you think no one ever changes?

As people age they become better actors, the best way to determine how someone will behave in the future, is to see how they behaved in the past. People do *NOT* change, only pretend to.

IMO - good points to both sides of the 'coin' here.
Yes, I do think that people can change; actually for the better or for the worse. I have stumbled into people that I have admired and, by their actions have shown me a more excellent way of "being" than I was before I knew them. So, I can't say that 'they' have changed me and my attitudes, but because of them my way of doing things has changed & become better...I hope. :)

Yeah, people can change that's for sure, like @passenger said, for the better or for the worse, I think it just depend on what kind of people they are ''friend'' or related too and it's also a work on themself that they gotta do.

Like others have said, people can change but are they willing to? For example, my spouse's aunt used to be extremely homophobic and even transphobic. It took her years to warm up to my mother in law being bisexual, and a few years ago her youngest child came out as trans and now she's changing her views again.

I think people can become better versions of themselves. But one's temperment, personality, etc are pretty set I think. But, yes we can be more disciplined in improving ourselves through exercise, education, learning skills, volunteering or self help to improve our approach to people

Absolutely people can change if they want to. It's hard, but it's absolutely possible!

Of course people can change. Of course they may never shake the negative intrusive thoughts or "demons" that made them do bad things in the past but as long as they can keep them under control and be a good person, then I'd consider that a "changed person."

Depends, but change can go one way or the other. It's not always for the better.

I used to only care about myself but now I actually take time to understand and listen to others. A big example is getting to know @PGen98 even though years ago I didn't agree with what Crystal is. It did take time to understand and accept but it's what makes me different to who I used to be.

I used to only care about myself but now I actually take time to understand and listen to others. A big example is getting to know @PGen98 even though years ago I didn't agree with what Crystal is. It did take time to understand and accept but it's what makes me different to who I used to be.
Checking In I Love You GIF by Seize the Awkward

It's hard to change but I'm glad you changed for the better. :) Though sadly that's not always the case, some people change for the worse.

It's hard to change but I'm glad you changed for the better. :) Though sadly that's not always the case, some people change for the worse.
I actually used to really upset people with how mean I was. I just had to start putting myself in the other persons feet and wow. I was real harsh.

Absolutely, so many change I to horrible people rather than better people! Of course in some cases changing can mean other things to some of us, lol
I actually used to really upset people with how mean I was. I just had to start putting myself in the other persons feet and wow. I was real harsh.
Now you're a teddy bear;)

Now you're a teddy bear;)
I try to be. And if I am going to get angry over something I will sometimes go to you about it <3

Real life stuff is hard sometimes though. But I am better to people on Facebook or at least try to be.

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

I try to be. And if I am going to get angry over something I will sometimes go to you about it <3

Real life stuff is hard sometimes though. But I am better to people on Facebook or at least try to be.

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato
Always come to me, I'm always here for you :hug:

I used to get really shitty on Facebook to the people who posted anti-vaccine views. I just couldn't help myself. lol
We all have our triggers :)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom