What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Etiquette, while driving?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What is good etiquette when driving?

Is it polite to let another car into your lane when the traffic is heavy?

Is it rude to honk your horn?

General rule of thumb, don't be an asshole. If traffic is heavy or lanes are merging, give way, but also DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND TO MERGE!!! I hate people that do that. Honking is appropriate to get someone's attention (a nice, short blast of the horn, don't lay it on), or if someone's done something ridiculous...yeah, go for it. Use your indicators, we can't read your mind.

Pay attention, be polite, watch out for the crazies & slow down for icy, snowy roads. :D

I hate when 2 lanes are merging into one and the other car wont let you in or will speed up so you have to slam on the breaks and get behind them. So rude!

What's good etiquette? Be predictable. Follow the rules of the road. That's about it aside from not being a dick.

What is good etiquette when driving?

Is it polite to let another car into your lane when the traffic is heavy?

Is it rude to honk your horn?
STOP TEXTING AND DRIVING AND GOING 30mph in a 70mph zone. Don't text while driving at any time. If it's that important, pull off to the side. Your carelessness can cost someone else their life. Be polite, pay attention, use turn signals. I let people over. I'm not in that of rush that I can't show some common courtesy. No, it's not rude to honk your horn especially if some eager beaver was stopped way out of the line at the light then proceeded to back up almost hitting your car. Not rude to honk to prevent an accident. It's rude to honk when the light has just turned green and card are moving as best they can.

Last edited:
STOP TEXTING AND DRIVING AND GOING 30mph in a 70mph zone. Don't text while driving at any time. If it's that important, pull off to the side. Your carelessness can cost someone else their life. Be polite, pay attention, use turn signals. I let people over. I'm not in that of rush that I can't show some common courtesy. No, it's not rude to honk your horn especially if some eager beaver was stopped way out of the line at the light then proceeded to back up almost hitting your car. Not rude to honk to prevent an accident. It's rude to honk when the light has just turned green and card are moving as best they can.

I agree! I admit I have texted and drove before but its a habit I broke.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom