What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

FedEx (And Other Horrible Delivery Businesses)

Dee

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Lately, as I order things from online, it feels like a lot of businesses work with FedEx when they ship from their warehouses. I really, really hate this as FedEx has been quite the disappointment with practically every order they've come through. It ALWAYS always takes the longest time to both arrive AND update the status of my shipments. And there's kind of no way around it other than to stop ordering from places that use them, which is silly because it's not the business's fault.

RANT ovverrrrrr. >_>

I hate how they leave the shit on my doorstep and... just... leave it there! Out in the open for anyone to see. Amazon doesn't seem to allow me to require a signature on my packages. At least not for the free shipping method. :banghead:

Nebulous said:
I hate how they leave the shit on my doorstep and... just... leave it there! Out in the open for anyone to see. Amazon doesn't seem to allow me to require a signature on my packages. At least not for the free shipping method. :banghead:

I don't mind so much unless it's an expensive thing. I live in a small apartment complex, and there's a wall blocking my door, so no one from the street can see what's on my doorstep. It's just that the god damn thing takes forever to get here from FedEx.

I mind, packages have been ripped open and the objects thrown across my porch before. Okay, that only happened once and it was just dog treats inside so they didn't run off with them.

Nebulous said:
I mind, packages have been ripped open and the objects thrown across my porch before. Okay, that only happened one and it was just dog treats inside so they didn't run off with them.

That is pretty terrible. They should be more conscious about the fact that people's deliveries get easily stolen just sitting out on a person's front porch.

Yeah getting stuff in the mail is stressful. On delevery day, I'm refreshing the tracking website over and over on my phone ready to "take my lunch" at any time and zoom home to get the package. :faint:

Weird as I've never had a problem with FedEx where I live. When I order something, on the order form I always put: "If not home, please leave at backdoor." Heck, one time it was pouring rain and the FedEx driver actually left the package inside my side garage door. I also, have received packages in a timely manner. :shrug:

Jazzy said:
Weird as I've never had a problem with FedEx where I live. When I order something, on the order form I always put: "If not home, please leave at backdoor." Heck, one time it was pouring rain and the FedEx driver actually left the package inside my side garage door. I also, have received packages in a timely manner. :shrug:

You must have more upstanding people in your area getting jobs at places like FedEx. :ponder:

Exactly.

We've had some very good delivery people, and we've had some that 'weren't so good'.

The thing to remember is that everybody has a boss.

Even some dingbat delivery ape and his chucklehead local manager that lets him keep his job, has a boss.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom