What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Have you ever felt like no one likes you?

MrDawn

Cosmic Wizard

Have you ever gotten that feeling people don't like you? How do you deal with those feelings?

Absolutely. My brain is hardwired to think the worst, so it's my final conclusion. Whether I care is a different story.

Sometimes I feel that way but nothing I can really do about it.

I often feel that people pretend to like me. when I'm around, people wouldn't dare say anything bad about me, but as soon as my back is turned, that's when the rumours and everything else starts

I believe this thought will pass at least one time in everyon's life. I had such thoughts but luckly that's all in the past.

My default mode in social situations where I meet people for the first time is indifference... I present myself as is and can't really be bothered to care how that's being recieved. I'm confident that I am a nice and generally agreeable person, so when I don't click with people I figure it's just a chemistry thing.

Yes, what people think about you is something you can't control
Very true!
My default mode in social situations where I meet people for the first time is indifference... I present myself as is and can't really be bothered to care how that's being recieved. I'm confident that I am a nice and generally agreeable person, so when I don't click with people I figure it's just a chemistry thing.
I tend to operate the same way.
As far as my own 'feelings'.... I'm still not convinced that I have them.
You're a robot!

The Wave Dancing GIF

Honestly, most people are too caught up in their own affairs to even have an opinion of you one way or the other unless you are actively engaging with a stranger such as while working retail for example. I think if you go around thinking no one likes you then that just speaks to how much you like you. If you can't find the will to like yourself then how do you expect anyone else to?

If you can't find the will to like yourself then how do you expect anyone else to?

Speaking of that, people can be self-deprecating because they want others to come around and shower them with reassurance and love. Its a way of getting attention.

Yes, I used to feel in a way about it but to actually care nowadays takes too much time and energy, both of which I don't have.

Speaking of that, people can be self-deprecating because they want others to come around and shower them with reassurance and love. Its a way of getting attention.
I disagree with that. I get annoyed when i’m showered with reassurance and love. When I self-deprecate, I do so playfully. I prefer it when ppl join in the banter or just ignore it, i don’t like to be corrected.

It’s the saying that goes “If I mock myself, no one can mock me.” Self-deprecation for me serves the purpose to reclaim power of those who upset me.

@Nebulous psychology is complex m8

Everyone has varying experiences of bullying at some point in their lives, and experienced things differently, grown from their experiences in different ways and so everyone has different defence mechanisms and ways of dealing with things. It’s just a barrier to protect one’s mental health

I'd have to say one thing I've learned over the years online is this. I don't have real life friends and tbh I don't care to.
I don’t think that’s a bad thing as you can’t control other ppl but can only control your own life and emotions. Most ppl have experienced betrayal, and not having real life friends means you don’t have to worry about that as much.

Or do you mean to say you have developed tons of fulfilling online friendships? Would you say you’re close enough to invite them to your wedding for example?

Or do you mean to say you have developed tons of fulfilling online friendships? Would you say you’re close enough to invite them to your wedding for example?
I've had more fulfilling online relationships than actual IRL ones.

I don’t think that’s a bad thing as you can’t control other ppl but can only control your own life and emotions. Most ppl have experienced betrayal, and not having real life friends means you don’t have to worry about that as much.
Yep, I've experienced betrayal a lot be it IRL or online. It hurts and it sucks.

peopledontlike.me
Whats that website about? :p

I disagree with that. I get annoyed when i’m showered with reassurance and love. When I self-deprecate, I do so playfully. I prefer it when ppl join in the banter or just ignore it, i don’t like to be corrected.

It’s the saying that goes “If I mock myself, no one can mock me.” Self-deprecation for me serves the purpose to reclaim power of those who upset me.
@Nebulous psychology is complex m8

Everyone has varying experiences of bullying at some point in their lives, and experienced things differently, grown from their experiences in different ways and so everyone has different defence mechanisms and ways of dealing with things. It’s just a barrier to protect one’s mental health

Well you said it yourself, everyone is different. So while what I said is true for some, it might not be true for someone else. I don't speak in absolutes or definitives. :p

Feeling that way today like nobody likes me 😔

I like you :hug:

Well you said it yourself, everyone is different. So while what I said is true for some, it might not be true for someone else. I don't speak in absolutes or definitives. :p
Then why assume the intention of why someone would be self-deprecating? In fact the quote I posted is a common expression and one that I live by.

I already know a lot of people in society don't like me, I've been trying to educate others on what it's like to be trans but I feel that it falls on deaf ears for some people. I'm not going to stop being who I am though, you can't please everyone in life anyways.

I already know a lot of people in society don't like me, I've been trying to educate others on what it's like to be trans but I feel that it falls on deaf ears for some people. I'm not going to stop being who I am though, you can't please everyone in life anyways.
Season 1 Fist Bump GIF by NBC

Good on you for realising you can’t please everyone 👍

I feel like educating others sucks energy out of you though. Especially when it falls on deaf ears.

Not everyone has to like me. I can’t tell you how to live your life but personally? I strive to live a carefree life and embrace myself no matter what 🥳🎉🎊

Trying to educate people when they don’t want to know stuff is a waste of your time. If someone shows interest or curiosity then go for it. The media unfortunately and some people are dehumanizing those who are transitioning. I tried including a trans person in my story and my traffic is down. There’s no special attention to this person she is just a regular person too. ☹️

Then why assume the intention of why someone would be self-deprecating? In fact the quote I posted is a common expression and one that I live by.

I said "people can be" not "all people do this 100% of the time" ...basically I was just posting one of the reasons why certain people would be self-deprecating (and its a pretty common one).

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom