What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I can only do so much

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Ever thought to yourself:

Why am I unsatisfied with my day even though I know that I could only do so much?

Do you think we set the wrong expectations for ourselves? Maybe we set the bar a little too high?

There is a thin line between pushing ourselves by setting higher goals and creating unrealistic demands. Gotta have that balance.

I kind of take things as they come, I guess. As long as I can pay my bills, have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, those are the most important things to me. That's not to say I don't set high expectations for myself. I do in some regards, but I don't really beat myself up as much as I did when I was younger if things don't work out the way I thought they would.

Being disabled, I feel this a lot. I want to do more, there's a lot I want to do, but literally can't. I'm stopped by things I can't help, but still feel like a failure for not doing more.

Being disabled, I feel this a lot. I want to do more, there's a lot I want to do, but literally can't. I'm stopped by things I can't help, but still feel like a failure for not doing more.

What is your disability? (if you don't mind me asking)

What is your disability? (if you don't mind me asking)

Far too much to list, plus undiagnosed things. It was only recently I self diagnosed with dyspraxia. I had a lot of disabilities from birth which resulted in long term things, such as being mostly deaf, having a spinal fusion, feet issues, skin issues etc.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom