What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Type 2 diabetes in the U.S.?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What is the best way to help solve the problem of a rising number of people with Type 2 diabetes in the U.S.?

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reduction in the number of genetically modified foods would be a start, but as that's more of a necessity thing, I don't see that happening. Also a less sedentary average lifestyle, though how you enforce that is beyond me.

It took me till 2018-2019 to get type 2 diabetes, but was apparently pre diabetic at some point or another. As for fixing type 2 diabaetes agreed with getting rid of those types of foods.

Reduction in the number of genetically modified foods would be a start, but as that's more of a necessity thing, I don't see that happening. Also a less sedentary average lifestyle, though how you enforce that is beyond me.
I agree with what you're saying, except that I do not agree that GMO foods are a necessary progression at all. Hybridization and grafting are one thing: we have more new apple varieties 'than you can shake a stick at' ( :p) due to hybridization and grafting .....GMO is going too far IMO...don't need it.

"Let them eat apples!" :ROFLMAO:

I agree with what you're saying, except that I do not agree that GMO foods are a necessary progression at all. Hybridization and grafting are one thing: we have more new apple varieties 'than you can shake a stick at' ( :p) due to hybridization and grafting .....GMO is going too far IMO...don't need it.

"Let them eat apples!" :ROFLMAO:

Agreed, but isn't GMO in America a product of needing to feed a population for which the non-GMO/organic/real foods cannot cover? Or am I wrong there? Ideally, though, yeah, no GMO

sn't GMO in America a product of needing to feed a population for which the non-GMO/organic/real foods cannot cover?
That certainly is a prevalent argument; of course highly debatable I think. Maybe we could start with our highly screwed up distribution systems and our national preponderance for food waste.
And if I could figure all of these things out then maybe I could be getting some of the big bucks.

That certainly is a prevalent argument; of course highly debatable I think. Maybe we could start with our highly screwed up distribution systems and our national preponderance for food waste.
And if I could figure all of these things out then maybe I could be getting some of the big bucks.
True, very true.

True, very true.
Back to diabetes, though......sugar! Kids and young adults especially are loaded up with so much totally unnecessary sugar; stands to reason that we'd be a whole lot healthier as a nation without so much sugar.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom