What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

A better place without religion

Jazzy

Waiting....
Elite Member
Retired Admin

The world would be a better place without religion...

Agree or disagree? (Please explain your choice)

I don't necessarily think it's religion that's ruining the world. I think it's human beings in general, regardless of what God, gods, or spiritual figures they believe in. We will always find something to disagree about whether religion exists or not.

No because religion isn't a reason to be savage like but an excuse. We have many to pick from and religion is but only one of many. A heart bent on evil will make up any excuse they can think of to explain away evil actions so removing one excuse from their list of excuses changes nothing.

What changes a person is when they make the choice to put down the excuses and pick up instead the only motivating force that can drive someone to change and that is love(that's people not things).

maybe, maybe not, it's up to the human and the race, where the race goes...

I disagree.
Religion isn't the only cause of problems in the world. Sometimes it's involved in conflicts, but there are also other big issues like poverty, unfairness, and political problems. So, it's not fair to blame everything on religion

I disagree. The vast majority of charities, soup kitchens, orphanages, the Salvation Army, hospitals arose out of religious charitable endeavors. Most religions taught about responsibility towards widows, the indigent, etc. As a result, there were movements to create those things.

No because religion is a personal thing. Religion is the cause of most trouble in the world but, as Aura said, there are also other factors.

Personally, I think the world would be better off without social class/caste divisions.

"He who denies the existence of God, has some reason for wishing that God did not exist."
- Augustine of Hippo
Which reminds me of this quote;

"Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong."
- Christopher Hitchens

Which reminds me of this quote;

"Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong."
- Christopher Hitchens

I maintain that the Creator is beyond all attempts by the creation to understand or explain the Creator, and that includes what we call religion.

The world would be a better place without religion...

Agree or disagree? (Please explain your choice)
I think the world would be better off without those who commit heinous crimes in the name of religion and twist it to fit whatever agenda they want.

I think the world would be better off without those who commit heinous crimes in the name of religion and twist it to fit whatever agenda they want.

I agree. Lots of needless death and suffering in the name of religion over the years.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom