Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

A bit late, but better late than never.

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

I've never been one for intros as I don't particularly enjoy attention of any kind. But I suppose that it is customary to do one so here goes.

I am someone who prefers his own company. My self centered world is quite small. It consists of my girlfriend who lives with me, my buddy of many years, my dog, and my boss. These 4 are my world and no one else is allowed in.

I am considered the black sheep of my family so I do not maintain strong family ties. In other words I don't contact them...ever. They have to contact me. As to coworkers, I spend about 90% of my workweek from my home via the pc , the phone, and the fax machine. As to my neighbors I am polite but aloof.

Forums can be a way for me to vent, express opinions, and to decompress from trying to earn a living. At present I am a member on 3 forums.

I have trust issues and can be defensive and yes, combative at times too. But I do try my best to control that. Don't rain on my parade and I'll keep yours dry as well.:whistles:

On a side note some of the members on here seem quite cool IMO. Others I can take them or leave them. A couple of members I'm not sure about. One comes off as a busybody, the other as just plain unintelligent.

Good to be here, am enjoying the experience thus far.

My IRL world is pretty small as well, honestly. I have a personality disorder that is literally described by my doctors as 'my personality was warped by my trust issues'. It has an actual diagnosis and everything, but that's how my doctor explained it to me when he was telling me what was on my file way back when. Incidentally, I've technically been told I had it before I could legally be diagnosed... But that's not a story for right now, lol.

I am one of the black sheep in my family too. The majority of my interactions with my relatives is just birthday/holiday messages. Otherwise, we keep a rather large, comfortable distance. I have had no contact with my mother and/or her family in general since I was a child, pretty much, anyway... But that side of the family is a lot smaller.

Most of my interactions with people are online. I work from home as a disabled writer, and the only times I really go out are for doctor appointments and such. I do a lot of online socializing, however. I'm not sure how so many people put up with me though... but I'm grateful to them, because the people I consider close to me are dear and special. I do have people I'm close to offline, but I haven't seen any of them in years and only talk to them once in a while. Basically my only constant offline, besides doctors, is my dad.

Anyway, enough blabbering from me trying to relate. That's not really what the point of all this is anyway. It's nice to meet you is what I originally intended to say- and I still mean it. I hope you're doing well. :)

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

:w2:

Welcome aboard, Mad Hatter! I hope you enjoy this place :) .

On a side note some of the members on here seem quite cool IMO. Others I can take them or leave them. A couple of members I'm not sure about. One comes off as a busybody, the other as just plain unintelligent.
Maybe try to get to know everyone first ;)

Welcome board!

Maybe try to get to know everyone first ;)

Welcome board!
Yes, quite right and conversely some members ought to get to know me first before assuming whatever before they PM me. (I have trust issues)

Yes, quite right and conversely some members ought to get to know me first before assuming whatever before they PM me. (I have trust issues)
That's fair, typically best to make sure people are comfortable being PM'd before doing so.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom