What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Accent

ElegantAura

Off the wall
Elite Member

Can you tell where a person is from in your country by the accent they have? :)

Yes, sometimes. :D
And sometimes you can guess wrong; but there's definitely a difference in regions.

Often times I guess wrong. In high school, I thought this one girl was Russian. She was from Ukraine.

Often times I guess wrong. In high school, I thought this one girl was Russian. She was from Ukraine.
Well, that's really close! I have even heard that they are the 'same' people. :)

Not really. I don't ask either. If they want to tell me in conversation, cool, if not....cool.

Somewhat, definitely. At home for sure, here in the States it's a little more difficult at times. Regionally you can.

Yes, sometimes. :D
And sometimes you can guess wrong; but there's definitely a difference in regions
How many accent are there ? more like 10 or like every state is different :p
Not really. I don't ask either. If they want to tell me in conversation, cool, if not....cool.
I dont ask either its not nice to ask but sometimes when you meet some people for more then once you can end up knowing where are from ...
In the past it was something people will ask always now they don't .. i know that because i would get this question always and did annoy me sometimes ...
And alway i will get after ohh you dont sound you are from there ...

How many accent are there ? more like 10 or like every state is different :p

I never really thought about that question. :D
To me ...... some of our southern/southeastern states tend to blend; but I'd say that there's a distinct difference between Texas vs. Alabama, Mississippi, parts of Florida & Georgia. But they all say "Y'all". :LOL:
I think that New York & Boston, Massachusetts each have their own peculiarities. :p New York being broken down into particular sections = Brooklyn, Bronx, etc.
Minnesotans say "Oof-Da" :LOL:
Californians have no particular accent. :p
It's just all a crazy, mixed-up mess; I'm surprised that we can even communicate.

I never really thought about that question. :D
To me ...... some of our southern/southeastern states tend to blend; but I'd say that there's a distinct difference between Texas vs. Alabama, Mississippi, parts of Florida & Georgia. But they all say "Y'all". :LOL:
I think that New York & Boston, Massachusetts each have their own peculiarities. :p New York being broken down into particular sections = Brooklyn, Bronx, etc.
Minnesotans say "Oof-Da" :LOL:
Californians have no particular accent. :p
It's just all a crazy, mixed-up mess; I'm surprised that we can even communicate.
I had a quick look the other day it was a video .. to me all sounded the same ... :ponder:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom