What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Ads banned on the internet

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

How do you think the internet would change if all advertising was banned on the internet?

Panic Panicking GIF by ABC Network

That would be an issue for the advertisement companies :)

Websites that rely on the income from advertising, such as many news and weather sites, video streaming services, not to mention private sites like some forums, would vanish quickly.
Do people, such as myself, who use adblockers hurt those websites?

Some.

But you may have noticed, as I have, that some sites now refuse to work unless you let all that crap through.

Evidently their web designers, and their financial lords and masters, don't realize that there are seventeen other sites with exactly the same content that will work just fine with https://adblockplus.org/ running.

It does.

Banning advertising from internet would mean the end of free information for all. So, it would affect us all.
I know there are websites that simple abuse and load just too much ads. You got 2 options. You block the ads or you don't visit the site anymore.
I don't use ad-blockers, I just stop using those websites.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom