What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Age-related diseases?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Common conditions in older age include hearing loss, cataracts and refractive errors, back and neck pain and osteoarthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, depression and dementia.

Are you suffering from any age-related diseases or disorders?

Are you doing anything to combat them? Prevent them from happening in the first place?

I don't know if all of these are related to my age, but I do have tendencies towards depression. There's a potential for osteoarthritis as well, but the doctor hasn't been clear about that yet- he's only really focused on my spinal stenosis.

That said, I do have some hearing loss- but it's hard to say if that's age related. I grew up hearing 10x louder than normal, so my 'loss' is from going from that to generally normal hearing at this stage.

So far I just have back problems. Need to change the way I eat before the other stuff starts creeping in on me.

I hope I never get dementia

my grandmother had that and it was really difficult to watch

she lived until 96, (great age), but she went before that.. for many years she didn't know anyone.

I hope I never get dementia

my grandmother had that and it was really difficult to watch

she lived until 96, (great age), but she went before that.. for many years she didn't know anyone.

Yeah that is a very sad one. :(

Fortunately, I am not. I believe high blood pressure is what runs in my family on my mom and dad's side, but my BP has been relatively good even now. I do have to be mindful of my physical activity, but that's something I'm working on.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom