What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Birds

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What’s your favourite bird?

What is your least favourite bird?

What is the most beautiful bird?

Have you ever had a bird as a pet? (Is a bird a good pet?)

Has a bird ever pooped on you? (It is a sign of good luck in some countries)

Bird Popcorn GIF

What’s your favourite bird? - Blackbird, I adore their song

What is your least favourite bird? Seagulls, can't stand their spitefulness, screeching and greed

What is the most beautiful bird? Kingfisher

Have you ever had a bird as a pet? (Is a bird a good pet?) No and I never would, birds should not be caged

Has a bird ever pooped on you? No but it did on my ex and yes it was good luck, he won the lottery that evening

Osprey - I like watching their nest cams & how they raise & feed their young; I like the fact that they don't bring little dogs, cats & foxes, other birds or chickens to the nest to feed their young...only fresh-caught fish.....unlike other predator birds. The osprey that migrate from the northern states to the Gulf of Mexico and points south year after year, one by one...not in groups are simply amazing. As is their fishing ability.

Magpie - I've read that they'll peck the eyes out of helpless fawns so they'll have a carcass to feed on....pure evil

Probably a peacock

Parakeets when I was a kid. Having a parakeet as a kid was fun & teaches a kid about feeding, watering & keeping the cage clean.

Yes, parakeet...no big deal. :LOL:

What’s your favourite bird? Rufous Hummingbird, the Males are best.

What is your least favourite bird? Seagulls

What is the most beautiful bird? Mandarin Duck

Have you ever had a bird as a pet? (Is a bird a good pet?) No.

Has a bird ever pooped on you? (It is a sign of good luck in some countries) Yes, by a Seagull.

love love love birds!! especially parrots!

I like to put food out for the wild birds.
A lot of our birds can seem a little drab compared to other places in the world but we do have a few colourful ones like goldfinches, and yellowhammers.
My favourite birds are the bluetits. Such plucky little lil' critters and can be quite clever too.
Least favourite would be feral pigeons - dirty things!

Last edited:
Cockatoo's are pretty silly.

Shoebill. Those things are terrifying.

Peacock!

No, I have not. And sure, a bird can be a good pet as long as you know how to take care of it.

Yes, one has.

Love birds! We’ve had many over the years. At one point probably close to 30. Now we’re down to like 7 or so I think?

Me I love parrotlets and canaries.

Bird Popcorn GIF
I don't have a favorite bird lol.

Least favorite bird: Shoebill

They say they sound like machine guns but they just look....

Most beautiful bird: Peacock because of the feathers.

Never had a bird as a pet, no desire.

Nope. On my car, yeah.

I don't fuck with birds, because they used to be dinosaurs and they remember that shit like it was yesterday.

Some birds have a photographic memory, can remember you and can activate "Squad Mode" at will and send their flock after you.. (think about Snow White from Shrek 2 with "The Immigrant Song.." AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

I dont fuck with them at all, and I just leave them alone..

The only 3 birds I like are Chicken, Turkey.. and the one between my pointer and ring fingers..

Otherwise, birds aside from the 3 I mentioned, can get the bird.

That said, it is nice hearing them in the morning.. every morning it sounds like the Botanical Garden and I just love how peaceful it sounds. I didn't hear them as much in Brooklyn, only just before the a.m. rush.. and by then it is too noisy to hear them..

Once we are done with the upper part of the house we are going to shop for patio furniture for our deck.. My husband and I would love to sit out there just before blue hour with some tea and listen to them tweeting and chirping..

Owl

Crows or magpies

Peacock

Lovebirds

No

Robin and Wren

Crows and magpies

image.jpg

Bluethroat Robin

No

My favourite bird is the African Grey parrot. I don't have a least favourite bird. The most beautiful bird is the peacock. My first ever pet was a green budgie called Peter. I can't have a pet bird these days as I have interstitial lung disease. No bird has ever pooped on me and I don't believe in this 'sign of good luck' nonsense.

Just give it fresh bird seed and water daily or every other day, put newspaper or bedding in the bottom of the cage and change it out every so often.
Maybe it is not easy to pet a bird,lol.

Cockatiels are my fav. They're so smart, sweet and loving. I'd had a few when I was younger. :wub:
They are fantastic birds. I had two in the past were the best birds i had, especially one of them used to even go go crazy and i had to take my wine away because will drink some

Favourite birds: purple martins, chickadees, cardinals, blue jays, ravens
Least favourite: PIGEONS :verymad:
Most beautiful: cardinals, peacocks, blue and gold macaws, swans
I've never had a bird as a pet, though someone in my apartment building had a canary for awhile. I would frequently hear it singing
I have never been pooped on by a bird, though a Canada Goose came close one time

Many photos of the birds I had aren't on my computer.
I'll need to search through an old box somewhere in the house to find them.
However I did come across this photo here :p

L7LdfQem.jpg

Many photos of the birds I had aren't on my computer.
I'll need to search through an old box somewhere in the house to find them.
However I did come across this photo here :p
Cute, FUN-looking little critters! (y)

My favorite birds are the ones who build nests on my air conditioner. I've never known what they are but if I shut everything off I'll eventually hear the babies chirping through the air conditioner.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom