What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

California bans low skill jobs

I'm glad I don't live in California. I had some neighbors that moved to Missouri because of how inflated things were getting in the state. They only lived next to us for a year before they left.

I live in California, they just implemented the $20 an hour so I haven’t seen much fall out from that yet. I have noticed a Burger Kings closing all over the place though, that was happening before the pay increase so not sure if it’s related.

I'm glad I don't live in California. I had some neighbors that moved to Missouri because of how inflated things were getting in the state. They only lived next to us for a year before they left.

They have been but my employer has been good with the cost of living raises recently so I haven’t been affected that much. I know a lot of other people cannot say the same thing.

Also I’ve noticed a lot of people who left the state ended up moving back because they find out the grass isn’t greener on the other side.

Sure things are cheaper but the pay is also WAY less.

For example a garbage man here might make $45 an hour and complains about his $3000 a month rent and $5 a gal gas.

So he decides to relocate to the mid-west where it’s cheaper, he gets another job as a garbage man but he’s now getting paid $10 an hour to do the same exact job. His rent is now $800 a month and gas is $3 a gallon but he’s STILL barely surviving because $10 an hour isn’t enough to pay those bills and live comfortably.

He soon realizes that life wasn’t so bad back in California, he actually had a more comfortable life there so he goes back home. Seen it happen several times with people I know personally and heard about the trend from others too.

$10 an hour?

This is one of the open jobs where my brother works:

2nd Shift and 3rd Shift Forklift Operator (starting $21.16/hr plus shift premium)

Benefits & Compensation Overview:Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage.Vacation and Sick Leave Programs.Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, other Employee Discounts.(HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings...

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom