What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Clearing the Fog: Understanding Depression

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

With economic instability, interpersonal challenges, and social media usage on the rise, rates of depression and anxiety have increased exponentially. Join John Bradshaw and special guest Dr. Neil Nedley of Nedley Health Solutions as they discuss some simple lifestyle changes that have been scientifically proven to treat depression more effectively than most drugs available today

Depression and anxiety are conditions of the mind that can affect people of every background and demographic. Join John Bradshaw and Dr. Neil Nedley as they continue their discussion, touching on some of the topics in Nedley's book, "The Lost Art of Thinking," including the impact thinking can have on your health and how to escape destructive thought patterns without drug intervention.

They should have left out the God stuff since it's meaningless in treating depression though it might mean something to religious people

It would be nice if they could adequately treat depression, but as someone who suffers from it (well, dysthymia, which is a persistent major depressive disorder), I've yet to find an adequate form of treatment.

It would be nice if they could adequately treat depression, but as someone who suffers from it (well, dysthymia, which is a persistent major depressive disorder), I've yet to find an adequate form of treatment.

First time I've heard of Dysthymia so I had to read about it and it was hard reading. I saw the treatment methods and they don't work for some people. I also discovered I've taken one of the main meds used for treatment, Paxil. When it kicked in I had only walked about thirty feet and when a nurse saw me she parked my butt in a chair. My heart rate was 147 and they immediately started weaning me off it.

First time I've heard of Dysthymia so I had to read about it and it was hard reading. I saw the treatment methods and they don't work for some people. I also discovered I've taken one of the main meds used for treatment, Paxil. When it kicked in I had only walked about thirty feet and when a nurse saw me she parked my butt in a chair. My heart rate was 147 and they immediately started weaning me off it.
I was on Paxil for a little while, it was unpleasant. They've got me on Fluoxetine at the moment (Prozac), along with Armodafinil because Fluoxetine makes me a bit...dopey at times. I'm also on an anti-psychotic for other reasons, and likewise, it's all kind of a cluster of pills that do nothing, or feel like they do nothing, to actually help.

I was on Paxil for a little while, it was unpleasant. They've got me on Fluoxetine at the moment (Prozac), along with Armodafinil because Fluoxetine makes me a bit...dopey at times. I'm also on an anti-psychotic for other reasons, and likewise, it's all kind of a cluster of pills that do nothing, or feel like they do nothing, to actually help.

Yep, keep changing the candy until they find one that works best. I've been on lithium for 30 years but they've had to change the second med to go with it quite a few times

Yep, keep changing the candy until they find one that works best. I've been on lithium for 30 years but they've had to change the second med to go with it quite a few times
Sadly that's the nature of the game with medicine, musical chairs until something sticks. I'm on so many meds right now it's hard to keep track, I have a literal shoebox full. I'm sure at least half of them are totally bogus or unnecessary, but... :shrug:

They should have left out the God stuff
*deadpans* Yeah, I forgot; we should let the shrinks rule the world and medicate us up to the gills.... :roll:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom