What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Company launches gaming hand warmer to “boost your performance”

Dead2009

Off Topix Veteran
MOTM

Gaming gloves aren’t anything new. Plenty of brands have their own compression gloves, aimed at competitive and casual gamers to improve their gaming performance and controller grip. Yet, startup GamerTech is making a name for itself with the unveiling of the Magma Glove, a self-heating, and fingertip-less gaming glove.

Originally debuted at PAX East 2024 in March, the Magma Glove utilizes Thin Film Thermal Regeneration Technology (TFTR) and compression to “boost your gaming performance.” The glove targets heat to areas of your hand and wrist, which GamerTech boasts can keep your motor skills sharp and improve response times so you can play your favorite, and competitive games, for longer.

The glove has a total of three customizable heat settings and intelligent timed cycles, so you have some control over how your hands are heated. The glove also features exposed fingertips, and a “glide patch” to prevent friction against other peripherals.

The Magma Glove was designed in collaboration with Oxygen eSports, and tested by professional esports players. Yet while GamerTech insists the gloves are perfect for competitive play, likely, they could also be an ideal accessory for gamers who suffer from circulation issues.

According to Notebookcheck, a study including 40,000 esports players revealed that the optimal gaming performance among players occurred in rooms with average temps between 10 to 20 degrees, approximately 50 to 68 Fahrenheit.

With esports players unable to change the temperature of rooms during competitions, self-heating compression gloves could increase performance, just as GamerTech suggests. Especially where the three customizable heat settings of the Magma Glove are concerned.

The Magma Glove isn’t yet available for pre-order. However, you can sign up to be updated about the latest news surrounding the gaming glove, including pre-orders, through the GamerTech website. The startup hasn’t shared an expected release date, so in the meantime, you’ll need to keep your hands warm and toasty the old-fashioned way.

Ages ago there was a corded game controller, I don't remember which game it was to, maybe one of the Sega machines, one of the bigger two handed units, but while you were playing, it would get warm to the touch in your hands.

It's true for me that when I game and my hands are cold, it's much more difficult to maneuver with the controller accurately. I wouldn't go so far as to buy hand warmers, though.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom