Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

could grapes be the key to good eye health?

Last week's "crop". :dance2:

ILQONmv.jpg

Hmmm, good to know. Maybe I should start chomping on grapes more often.

Mmm I love grapes, especially green ones. I should buy some. :drool:

Green and dark purple. It’s a variety pack from Albertsons. They’re pretty big too.

I noticed the bigger / fatter grapes are, the less flavor they have.

Yesterday went to a fruit market and got few things there..... anyways i saw some grapes and thought oh will get some been so long... went to get one bag and then my eyes went on the price 25 dollar's per kilo i just thought i will wait next time when the price drop a little i think grapes in season start about November :p

When i was young i could eat plenty just walk to grape vine and grab some from there we had like 50 of them ...

Yesterday went to a fruit market and got few things there..... anyways i saw some grapes and thought oh will get some been so long... went to get one bag and then my eyes went on the price 25 dollar's per kilo i just thought i will wait next time when the price drop a little i think grapes in season start about November :p
Food prices here are terrible, along with the price of everything else.
I have no idea how your $$ compares with ours, but that seems REALLY outrageous. :rolleyes: :eek:

Food prices here are terrible, along with the price of everything else.
I have no idea how your $$ compares with ours, but that seems REALLY outrageous. :rolleyes: :eek:
One thing is for sure prise went up everywhere

Last week's "crop". :dance2:

ILQONmv.jpg
I just saw the image wow look great are this a little bitter because usually most are ... when we had some we had the very dark red blue and are very sweet

I don't do the grocery shopping so I wouldn't know :runaround:

I like cooked carrots but I heard cooking or boiling them takes the nutrients out of them which defeats the purpose of eating them (aside from them tasting good)

I like cooked carrots but I heard cooking or boiling them takes the nutrients out of them which defeats the purpose of eating them (aside from them tasting good)
Raw carrot "stix" dipped in Ranch dressing?

Yeah I heard that too.
Apparently it depends on the vegetable though, as spinach actually has more folate when cooked. But less protein as far as i remember?

the worse can happen if you eat a lot of carrots cooked or not you will be orange :D

I've pretty much been sucking down grapes since thursday morning because of my pneumonia

If there’s a meaning to this, I don’t get it
She may be joking; but I do know that if you feed a baby a little too much carrots, sweet potatoes, or maybe some other yellow/orange veggies they will develop temporary orangish color places on their face; usually around their nose. :D

:LOL: I was joking .....but can happen the skin to change but not the way i said it ..

Carotenemia is a clinical condition characterized by yellow pigmentation of the skin (xanthoderma) and increased beta-carotene levels in the blood. In most cases, the condition follows prolonged and excessive consumption of carotene-rich foods, such as carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes.

She may be joking; but I do know that if you feed a baby a little too much carrots, sweet potatoes, or maybe some other yellow/orange veggies they will develop temporary orangish color places on their face; usually around their nose. :D
O rly? Have you witnessed this or read online which may be a troll or myths?
Post automatically merged:

:LOL: I was joking .....but can happen the skin to change but not the way i said it ..

Carotenemia is a clinical condition characterized by yellow pigmentation of the skin (xanthoderma) and increased beta-carotene levels in the blood. In most cases, the condition follows prolonged and excessive consumption of carotene-rich foods, such as carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes.
Thanks for sharing this! Seems like over-consumption of healthy foods makes them unhealthy 🤣

O rly? Have you witnessed this or read online which may be a troll or myths?
I have seen this happen before my very own eyes! :D I shouldn't think anything really unhealthy, dangerous, or to be alarmed about.....just back off the carrots! :LOL: ....... Relax

I eat a lot of grapes and my eyesight for reading, is getting worse.... so it didn't work for me. Lol

Or it is jaundice contition that a lot of babies can have it ... it it on adults also .. and this is can be serious while Carotenemia is not
Usually you can notice jaundice on babies when yellow on the eyes and when press the nose.... if it not mild you can see it with out this .. many new borns have it

Well somebody has to ask. Does anyone think an orange bum would be cute? Well Maybe to Bug's Bunny

Well somebody has to ask. Does anyone think an orange bum would be cute? Well Maybe to Bug's Bunny
depends what you mean with that .... this orange bum?
5kD4frTm.jpg

or this ?
Ygpdq6Dm.png

:LOL:

depends what you mean with that .... this orange bum?
5kD4frTm.jpg

or this ?
Ygpdq6Dm.png

:LOL:
Well I'm looking at the second one though I can't remember ever seeing one like that before:huh: Damn my 64 year old memory!!!! 62? 59? 43? I think it would be best I stopped talking to you. You so easily illicit my failings. 🤣

Well I'm looking at the second one though I can't remember ever seeing one like that before:huh: Damn my 64 year old memory!!!! 62? 59? 43? I think it would be best I stopped talking to you. You so easily illicit my failings. 🤣
:LOL: Ok you can stop talking to me for a day ... btw none of this photos are mine

Anyways back to topic .. been so long i had grapes :(

:LOL: Ok you can stop talking to me for a day ... btw none of this photos are mine

Anyways back to topic .. been so long i had grapes :(
I've eaten 5 lbs since saturday I think

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom