What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Did you get to choose your career path?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Did you get to choose your career path?

Why or why not?

vintage dinosaur GIF

Arguably. My first career path, as a professional librarian, was 100% chosen. My current one, as an IT manager, was chosen but the decision to move away from librarianship was driven by family circumstances (wife pregnant, needed to start living in the same city, not having much success finding library jobs) so not 100% chosen.

Yes, I did get to choose a path. I went down it until the effects of the 2008 recession was too hard to swim through and got a job in a different field so I could pay my bills. I was tutoring on the side, so I had two jobs, but I didn't end up going through with education. I'm actually quite happy I didn't given the shit show education has become in this country. I'm now in the medical field. And as much as that's a shit show, I'm not dealing with some of the bullshit teachers have to deal with these days.

Nope, never got to choose any. The whole story is such a mess, I just toss it into my mental treasure chest of chaos and let it be:wacko:

No. Not really. Working in the car industry was something I just fell into. I've never really liked doing anything else.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom