What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Diet pills?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Have you heard of diet pills?

Is it possible to lose weight by taking a pill?

Would you (or have you) tried it?

Do you think they are dangerous?

Yes to all of the questions.

Dexamyl ...... was a brand name combination drug composed of sodium amobarbital (previously called amylbarbitone and its brand name Amytal) and dextroamphetamine sulfate (Dexedrine) within the same pill. It was widely abused, and is no longer manufactured.

Dexamyl ...... was a brand name combination drug composed of sodium amobarbital (previously called amylbarbitone and its brand name Amytal) and dextroamphetamine sulfate (Dexedrine) within the same pill. It was widely abused, and is no longer manufactured.
Did it work? ..or have any side effects?

Did it work? ..or have any side effects?
Oh yes, it worked really well, maybe too well. The doctors were handing it out like Halloween candy. You could work, work, work & be like an energizer bunny 'round the clock without eating or sleeping. I imagine that it took a toll on one's heart & nerve function; and it was really hard to 'kick'.

Oh yes, it worked really well, maybe too well. The doctors were handing it out like Halloween candy. You could work, work, work & be like an energizer bunny 'round the clock without eating or sleeping. I imagine that it took a toll on one's heart & nerve function; and it was really hard to 'kick'.

:shock: Sounds like speed or meth to me. I suppose its a good thing they discontinued it.

:shock: Sounds like speed or meth to me. I suppose its a good thing they discontinued it.
Yes, I think it was considered an amphetamine; with the advent of the popularity of METH-amphetamine, I've thought there must not much difference.

amphetamine synonyms =
pep pill
speed
upper

Yes, I think it was considered an amphetamine; with the advent of the popularity of METH-amphetamine, I've thought there must not much difference.

amphetamine synonyms =
pep pill
speed
upper

Did you have any withdrawls after quitting taking it?

Did you have any withdrawls after quitting taking it?
Just very tired, couldn't get much done. After a while I guess it finally wore off. And I didn't exactly quit, I just couldn't get any more; this was all 'legal', doctors' prescriptions.
'Crackdown' ( :LOL: ) wave on the doctors started.

I think diet pills are risky. They're not good for your heart or your kidneys.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom