What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Dragon Ball Z

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Anyone ever watch DBZ? What was your favorite season / saga?

giphy.gif

Anyone ever watch DBZ? What was your favorite season / saga?

giphy.gif

I watched it randomly so I couldn't tell you what season or saga was good. The occasional episode I would watch was usually enjoyable though.

What did you think when they brought him back?

giphy.gif
I wasn't a big fan of him coming back, because his arc is done, he should be in the past, but I won't deny that I didn't love his Golden form, and am looking forward to his upcoming form. It was also neat seeing him have a counterpart in Frost, that was a nice little moment in the Tournament of Power

I wasn't a big fan of him coming back, because his arc is done, he should be in the past, but I won't deny that I didn't love his Golden form, and am looking forward to his upcoming form. It was also neat seeing him have a counterpart in Frost, that was a nice little moment in the Tournament of Power
Likewise. Dragonball Super finished. I wonder when the next spin off is and if Akira will ever make Cooler a canom character.

I loved it as a kid and teenager, but just fell out with it over the years. I liked the Frieza saga and all of the Android and Cell saga

Good stuff!

Likewise. Dragonball Super finished. I wonder when the next spin off is and if Akira will ever make Cooler a canom character.
Supposedly DragonBall Super Heroes is out or about to be out soon and a new series starts later this year, so...fingers crossed for good news!

Love it, and honestly the whole Dragon Ball series. Never did finish. As much as I liked it lost interest at one point.

I always liked Krillin personally. XD

Love it, and honestly the whole Dragon Ball series. Never did finish. As much as I liked it lost interest at one point.
You should give it a go all the way through, it's fantastic :)

That or watch the DBZ: Abridged series, absolutely hilarious!!

I always liked Krillin personally. XD
Such a great character, he was fun in DB and then sort of comedic relief for most of DBZ, it was nice to see him relevant again (somewhat) in Super.

Did anyone notice that Goku was always late to fights and Vegeta lost fights no matter how super he got?

Is there any website to see all episodes with English dub?

Poor Vegeta, tried so hard and was always second best.

lol there are videos on YouTube that kept track of every scene of Vegeta getting the shit kicked out of him. My favorite fight is of him getting beat up by Meta Cooler.

uzaXjc8.gif

lol there are videos on YouTube that kept track of every scene of Vegeta getting the shit kicked out of him. My favorite fight is of him getting beat up by Meta Cooler.

uzaXjc8.gif
Yep! TFS did that so well, as well lol

Yep! TFS did that so well, as well lol

Goku told the members of the Ginyu Force that murdering people is bad karma. The show seems to imply this quite a bit. Goku spent all of his life doing good things, while Vegeta spent his early years murdering people in Frieza's name for self gain. Despite Goku's hard training and dedication, that is why Goku won with fights that had impossible odds against him and why Vegeta always lost no matter how hard he trained and what he accomplished.

I love the entire Dragonball Franchise. When talking about DragonBall Z though, my favorite saga would be the Cell Saga. The end of the fight with Gohan giving one last kamahamaha with Goku there in spirit... perfection.

How long did that take you to re-watch the series?

I know it took me a few months lol.
I can't quite remember but it took me a little while. I started off with Dragon Ball, then went through Z and GT. I am on Super now. It might have taken me a few months though since it is by far the longest.

I can't quite remember but it took me a little while. I started off with Dragon Ball, then went through Z and GT. I am on Super now. It might have taken me a few months though since it is by far the longest.

I totally have missed out on Super. I was planning on getting a Blu Ray set and watching it. I really liked that they brought back Frieza.

Dragon Ball Toppo GIF by TOEI Animation UK

I totally have missed out on Super. I was planning on getting a Blu Ray set and watching it. I really liked that they brought back Frieza.

Dragon Ball Toppo GIF by TOEI Animation UK
Will you wait till the next season is out? As I am pretty sure that comes out next year. Although I could be wrong with that. I just know there is more Super as well as a new series Daima on the way.

Will you wait till the next season is out? As I am pretty sure that comes out next year. Although I could be wrong with that. I just know there is more Super as well as a new series Daima on the way.

The boxset of Super is already out but the problem is.....it's really expensive. So I hope they come out with something more affordable than a 400 dollar series boxset. They did that with Rahxephon and had an Blu Ray edition that was way too overpriced for me (800 dollars). I waited until they released a different Blu Ray package that was far cheaper and more convenient to buy last year.

The boxset of Super is already out but the problem is.....it's really expensive. So I hope they come out with something more affordable than a 400 dollar series boxset. They did that with Rahxephon and had an Blu Ray edition that was way too overpriced for me (800 dollars). I waited until they released a different Blu Ray package that was far cheaper and more convenient to buy last year.
That there should be at least one more season also makes more sense to wait so that the set you get isn't incomplete. I only ever got Dragon Ball on physical media. Got all the episodes on DVD. I don't really buy anime anymore though.

I'm behind on Super, been letting Made in Abyss just consume my anime time of late. Need to get back into it.

I'm behind on Super, been letting Made in Abyss just consume my anime time of late. Need to get back into it.
There is still a while to go before the next season comes out. So you should be all good. I had been hoping when I got to the end of my rewatch it would be out but that doesn't look so now.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom