What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Favorite all-time game?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What is your favorite all-time game? Why was it great?

I'll leave it right there. :)
0020.png

Lunar Eternal Blue.

was my first game of the Lunar series and got me hooked to it. The story was awesome as was the music, plus always liked 2D graphics more.

It's tough to say an out and out winner for me because my taste in gaming has changed drastically multiple time throughout my life.
A few that are certainly up there on each console gem i owned:

SNES: Super Punch Out / Goof Troop
Cracking games. I loved Super punch out, was fast and hectic and was just so fun to jump into. If my Mum was home, it would be Goof Troop, such an under rated co-op game.

PS1: International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution
Trying to think of any games that came even close in the PS1 era for me. I was super into my football at that age and II Pro Evo was just such a good game.

PS2/Gamecube : Pro Evo / Smugglers Run / Star Wars Battlefront 2 / Brian Lara Internation Cricket / Madden 03?
I know, I know, so many to choose from but they cant be seperated. Pro Evolution as a brand as a whole continued on the PS2 to be the game to beat Soccer wise. Battlefront 2 was a single player dream, battling on different planets on a feel for an open world battlefield style game was epic. Brian Lara International Cricket is probably the only game I enjoyed as a cricket game and man was it fun. Most under rated of the generation, Smugglers Run. Again an open world game with great split screen, many others probably didnt like it much but speeding around the world without a care in the world was fun. On the gamecube, I had my first taste of Madden, I could have chosen a Mario game but Madden 03 i think it was really made me like American Football. The soundtrack that starts out with Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy was just epic....

PS3 / Xbox 360 : SSX / No Mans Sky / Fifa / Call of Duty: World at War
I actually enjoyed No Mans Sky on release because I didnt really go into the game looking to play with my friends. The infinate open world was enough for me to enjoy it. SSX was one of my fav games on my 360. Again a game that got sooooo much hate. But I really enjoyed it for what it was and played hours upon hours of it. Fifa comes in the list just because I ended up getting sucked into that bubble of Ultimate Team with my friends year upon year....but no anymore xD
Had to have a Call of Duty in here. And I will always say i prefer World at War's online over CoD4 anyday. Maybe it was because I found my niche in the Hardcore Search and Destroy section of World at War leading to me being able to win more games. Which is why I liked it more xD

PS4 : Wolf Among Us / The Division 2 / Horizon Zero Dawn
The final two are probably better games than Wolf Among Us, BUT, it deserves a mention along with all the Telltale games. The Batman Series was dope, the Borderlands one was super underated as well. I even liked the MInecraft one but the Wolf Among Us was simply fantastic. The Division 2 is a game I left cause I got bored of it, but came back to it a year or so later and just fell in love with it. Trying to just tweak your build to perfection was so much fun. Horizon Zero Dawn was probs my favourite story on this list SO FAR!

PC: Rimworld / Minecraft / Puzzle Pirates
My PC list for gaming includes games from when I was a kid and didnt have a gaming PC and owned a Mac (Macs in late 2000's and early 2010's, yes they played basically nothing lol) and when i purchased my PC about 3 years ago.
Puzzle Pirates was the game I loved on my Mac, the community was super toxic but it was so much fun the puzzles. Minecraft splits both these eras and I too this day still play it. Rimworld is just a super fun game and I could play hours and hours on it, reminding me that I still am a gamer at heart.

Best Franchise: Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
This doesnt fit into any era which I kinda hate myself for but its one of the only game series I have bought multiple times. I bought on PS3, PS4 and PC, its a great series and I am more then happy to play through the roughly 100 hour campaign three times. It doesnt get anywhere near enough credit that it should and I would argue with anyone that its a better franchise than Persona until im blue in the face. Anyone who like turn based JRPG games, do yourself a favor and make time to play this series. The original series is good as well, but this series is just fantastic.

It's tough to say an out and out winner for me because my taste in gaming has changed drastically multiple time throughout my life.
A few that are certainly up there on each console gem i owned:

SNES: Super Punch Out / Goof Troop
Cracking games. I loved Super punch out, was fast and hectic and was just so fun to jump into. If my Mum was home, it would be Goof Troop, such an under rated co-op game.

PS1: International Superstar Soccer Pro Evolution
Trying to think of any games that came even close in the PS1 era for me. I was super into my football at that age and II Pro Evo was just such a good game.

PS2/Gamecube : Pro Evo / Smugglers Run / Star Wars Battlefront 2 / Brian Lara Internation Cricket / Madden 03?
I know, I know, so many to choose from but they cant be seperated. Pro Evolution as a brand as a whole continued on the PS2 to be the game to beat Soccer wise. Battlefront 2 was a single player dream, battling on different planets on a feel for an open world battlefield style game was epic. Brian Lara International Cricket is probably the only game I enjoyed as a cricket game and man was it fun. Most under rated of the generation, Smugglers Run. Again an open world game with great split screen, many others probably didnt like it much but speeding around the world without a care in the world was fun. On the gamecube, I had my first taste of Madden, I could have chosen a Mario game but Madden 03 i think it was really made me like American Football. The soundtrack that starts out with Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy was just epic....

PS3 / Xbox 360 : SSX / No Mans Sky / Fifa / Call of Duty: World at War
I actually enjoyed No Mans Sky on release because I didnt really go into the game looking to play with my friends. The infinate open world was enough for me to enjoy it. SSX was one of my fav games on my 360. Again a game that got sooooo much hate. But I really enjoyed it for what it was and played hours upon hours of it. Fifa comes in the list just because I ended up getting sucked into that bubble of Ultimate Team with my friends year upon year....but no anymore xD
Had to have a Call of Duty in here. And I will always say i prefer World at War's online over CoD4 anyday. Maybe it was because I found my niche in the Hardcore Search and Destroy section of World at War leading to me being able to win more games. Which is why I liked it more xD

PS4 : Wolf Among Us / The Division 2 / Horizon Zero Dawn
The final two are probably better games than Wolf Among Us, BUT, it deserves a mention along with all the Telltale games. The Batman Series was dope, the Borderlands one was super underated as well. I even liked the MInecraft one but the Wolf Among Us was simply fantastic. The Division 2 is a game I left cause I got bored of it, but came back to it a year or so later and just fell in love with it. Trying to just tweak your build to perfection was so much fun. Horizon Zero Dawn was probs my favourite story on this list SO FAR!

PC: Rimworld / Minecraft / Puzzle Pirates
My PC list for gaming includes games from when I was a kid and didnt have a gaming PC and owned a Mac (Macs in late 2000's and early 2010's, yes they played basically nothing lol) and when i purchased my PC about 3 years ago.
Puzzle Pirates was the game I loved on my Mac, the community was super toxic but it was so much fun the puzzles. Minecraft splits both these eras and I too this day still play it. Rimworld is just a super fun game and I could play hours and hours on it, reminding me that I still am a gamer at heart.

Best Franchise: Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
This doesnt fit into any era which I kinda hate myself for but its one of the only game series I have bought multiple times. I bought on PS3, PS4 and PC, its a great series and I am more then happy to play through the roughly 100 hour campaign three times. It doesnt get anywhere near enough credit that it should and I would argue with anyone that its a better franchise than Persona until im blue in the face. Anyone who like turn based JRPG games, do yourself a favor and make time to play this series. The original series is good as well, but this series is just fantastic.

Wow what a detailed and well thought out post. :clap:

Super Punch Out on SNES was a fun game! I used to play that all the time.

punch out pixel GIF

Sonic The Hedgehog.

My favorite game of all time is surprisingly the one I find hardest and have never beaten:

Evolution Worlds.

I love so many other games, though. Another absolute favorite is Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life (a remake of the Harvest Moon title that got me into the series to begin with). I'm not sure why, but Evolution Worlds still managed to win...

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom