What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Games that have become free after time

Yarik

Off Topix Novice

Two of the games that I've purchased became free after some time. The first one is PUBG, it became completely free to download and play. The developers gave a small amount of premium coins to those who had purchased the game prior to that. And the second one is GTA V. It was free for a week, but if you got it during that week, it was yours to keep forever. Both games are old enough, so I guess it's a fair move.

Are there any games in your library that you have paid for but then became free?

I totally get the feeling when games you’ve bought go free-to-play. It’s a mix of “Hey, that’s cool for new players,” and “Wait, what about my investment?” 😅

I remember getting Fallout 76. After a rocky start, it went free on certain weekends, and later on, they offered it at a huge discount. I bought it, so it stung a little, but hey, more players mean a livelier wasteland, right?

None of the games I've played ever became free. Since I buy digital though, there will be times when Microsoft offers huge discounts on those games.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom