What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How To Keep AI under Control

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

Scientist Max Tegmark describes an optimistic vision for how we can keep AI under control and ensure it's working for us, not the other way around.

This guys comes off as a conspiracy theorist the more I listen to him. The fact that we have people being over paranoid of a fictional AI that is gone rogue such as Skynet from Terminator, comes off as an unrealistic fear to me. Sure, I think some day we will use AI and advanced androids for war in the future. But I highly doubt we'll have a computer AI system like Skynet bomb us out of existence.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator GIF by Filmin

Easy way to keep AI under control: put both myself and @MrDawn in charge! :lol3:

Now I won’t have to hear.

“As an AI language model…”

A lot of forums have AI auto-responder bots these days and I don't care for them.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom