What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

I Write Books.

McConnaughay

An Instant Classic
Elite Member

Hi, I run a small independent company called Mishmashers Publishing, and I write books.

In this thread, I would like to spotlight some of the stories I have written over the years.

Last edited:
719klLCk2JL._SL1500_.jpg
The first novel I wrote was called Black & Yellow, originally released in 2016. The novel was envisioned as a superhero novel, blending black-comedy, action, and horror to create something unique. I have touched it up a couple times since I first wrote it (I originally wrote it back in 2012 when I was sixteen) and I have learned to love it despite it being one of my weaker books. (It's on Amazon for Kindle and Paperback.)

"Orion has spent his entire life in search of
something. The story of Black & Yellow is
what happens when he finds it.

A murderer to some and a superhero to
others. Orion dons a hood and ventures
into the night, targeting murderers and
whoever else he believes deserves
his unique form of justice.

Reader beware, however, as he soon finds
he is not alone. Whether they're his new
nemesis or his new best friends, join Orion
as he encounters the most violent fiends
his city has to offer."​

A lot of your cover arts look really good. Are these AI, or you got a good designer?

A lot of your cover arts look really good. Are these AI, or you got a good designer?
It varies. We'd prefer to have all our books made by original and authentic book designers, but, in the last few months, that has become difficult.

A.I. detection isn't perfect (I have tested, and had it come back with about fifty-fifty accuracy) and we have been screwed a few too many times (just recently I splurged $200 on book covers that I learned used blatant A.I. after the fact). Soon, A.I. will become so advanced it will be undetectable altogether, when that happens, all bets are off.

We do hope to remedy that though, but it will take some time (to build the funding for it). My idea is to have series' finished, and then, release a sort-of Omnibus-like package deal for them on Hardback (i.e. my novels The Red Flux & the Wunderkind Thief and The King's Crown being released both as one hardback The Red Flux Chronicles collection), where we commission a more high-quality, personalized cover artist (but this usually runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-1000).

Some, we were a little more particular about, like The Canes series. Every cover was commissioned by a specific artist, and we have the source files / sketch art to confirm it.

61oBWlwV1KL._SY466_.jpg
61z0+ue63eL._SY466_.jpg
51p5bCLHo9L._SY445_SX342_.jpg

Some of them, I made myself through Affinity, like The One-Two Punchline and Readers Digested, Vol. 2.

71ivzCizm1L._SY466_.jpg
71E+wtMZIRL._SL1500_.jpg

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom