What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

If you were given $100,000, what would you invest in?

riberet19

Off Topix Regular

I would diversify between cryptocurrencies, precious metals, American stocks and maybe buy old coins as a long-term investment, and you, what would you invest that money in?

Given that I already own investment properties and the majority of my income is generated from them, I probably will be expanding by adding to these existing investments.

My biggest goal is to buy Bitcoin mining equipment and I will earn all the money for this now, so 100 thousand I would spend on the most powerful devices to earn as much as possible every month

In Illinois, I'd have to pay about half of it in state and federal taxes.

Then I'd pay off the truck.

Which would leave maybe twenty grand left.... which wouldn't be a lot to use to invest in anything.
Move to North Carolina; taxes are lower and the weather's a lot better. :D

I would diversify between cryptocurrencies, precious metals, American stocks and maybe buy old coins as a long-term investment, and you, what would you invest that money in?
1} Pay off my remaining mortgage
2} Split the remaining 44k or so into three parts - a low-yield savings account, a high-yield money-market savings account and the rest I'd put into mutual funds.

Buy more property.

The key to making more is not to pay off what you are already carrying, but to invest into something that will gain you more money like property or investment funds like energy funds or telecommunication funds.

This is a lot of money and would be amazing for anyone who received it. If I were to receive that kind of money I would for sure pay everything off I needed to, ensure that I had nothing outstanding and then possibly save the rest and have interest building up as well.

This kind of money could change someone's life.

I would invest in...myself....to put that money to good use for myself and my family and save a good bit of it too.

My vehicle is now 10 years old and my girlfriends is 18 years old. I would trade the clunkers in and buy 1 new one for me and a good used one for my sweetie. Now as to why I wouldn't buy her a new one? What if she were to dump me after I spent all that $$$ on her?

(I'm not anywhere as stupid as I look...not by a long shot):wacko:

Stocks, I suppose. I'd rather use it for other non-investment type things though.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom