What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

June is Back (But Feels New)

Juneberry

Friendly Alien

Hihi, how’s it going guys? I’m technically a very old member but I’ve been on hiatus for quite a while and noticed I don’t seem to have an intro thread on here. (I did a filtered search) So, since I’m a returnee who hasn’t been on in ages… I’m gonna introduce myself to start fresh.

I’m Jaluna, an editor and writer. I’m also an aspiring game developer, though I have few skills required for it yet. I tend to be slower on forums in general, or at least, I probably will be for now. But I’ll try to say hi when I can.

Other things about me:
-I can’t smell a thing (never have, never will probably)
-I play DnD like 4 days a week.
-I have a lot of medical problems including spinal damage so I go to doctors a lot and have no real 'schedule' due to chronic pain deciding things for me.
-I often say I am a bird or an alien... or a tree. There are perfectly logical reasons for all of those and if you want me to tell you I will, but maybe later.
-I is short. Fear teh smol adult.

Welcome. Well, welcome back. I am relatively new around here. Also write, but as a hobby right now. Getting near retirement and then I can pursue it more seriously.

I play DnD like 4 days a week.
I played in my teens and twenties (D&D and other tabletop RPGs) but kind of fell out of it as my old group scattered in our twenties. Contemplate going back but find channeling my world and character building into my writing seems to be enough for now.

I can’t smell a thing
Ouch. So you probably can't taste well, either? OTOH, you wouldn't be wincing like I do when the wind blows from the spice plant next to my office. :(

Ouch. So you probably can't taste well, either? OTOH, you wouldn't be wincing like I do when the wind blows from the spice plant next to my office. :(
Interesting fact, when you have congenital anosmia (born with no sense of smell, not lost later in life) you do have some form of taste- though it's probably pretty different than others. After all, I seem to taste spice, salt and bitter more powerfully than my relatives that can smell, but I don't really taste sweet or sour as strongly, so I tend to like things sweeter/more sour than others do. Like, my grandmother used to give me a weird look when I'd snack on plain lemons because they actually had enough sour to me that way to actually taste it. She couldn't stand it without sugar. xD

That said, I can't fully understand 'flavor' like others do- my taste buds are all I have, basically. So it's depending on that. I tend to focus more on textures than tastes, alongside whether or not they taste too salty/spicy/bitter or sweet/sour enough for me in a basic sense.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it has its ups and downs in regards to not being able to smell in general though. Like, I can't smell if there's a gas leak or if food is starting to not-visibly go bad. But, I don't smell the skunk musk that's quite easy to find in New Jersey where I live. My dad randomly will complain about the smell of skunks coming through the air conditioner vents in our windows and I'll just give him a blank stare like "sorry to hear it?" x3 Though it's not fun when people don't comprehend the words "I can't smell things" and think "you will if I shove it up your nose" like my neighbor did with her freshly grown mint plant once...

Welcome back!! :dance:

Thanks for the updates and its good to see you again :friends:

Welcome Back :)

Welcome back, Jaluna! Good to see you again :) .

Hiya there Junebug:)....(like your new nickname?) I can write too but I do it for a living. I do it commercially pertaining to customers....boring. I didn't bother with an intro, people will be forced to learn about me on the fly.

I'm a weirdo but both my dog and my girlfriend love me, so the rest can go straight to Hades in a handbasket.;)

Welcome back Juneberry.:dance:

Hiya there Junebug:)....(like your new nickname?) I can write too but I do it for a living. I do it commercially pertaining to customers....boring. I didn't bother with an intro, people will be forced to learn about me on the fly.

I'm a weirdo but both my dog and my girlfriend love me, so the rest can go straight to Hades in a handbasket.;)

Welcome back Juneberry.:dance:
Hehe, I like it very much even if it's surprisingly not as new as you'd expect. I also do it quasi-commercially, but my clients tend to specifically be indie game developers. It's freelance work that I do while disabled for a bit of extra income when I can, since governmental assistance for the disabled is pretty minimal... But it's also fun for the most part (I like some jobs more than others) and at least it's something, right?

I like weird people (I'm pretty sure only at least slightly weird people can generally put up with me in the first place- but that's because I'm far from normal myself, anyway. I mean, I call myself an alien for a reason. And it's not just because Mayo Clinic told my cousin he can't be from this planet! xD)

Also I like your sentiment about where the rest can go. It's been a while since I've heard that particular wording. I missed it. :)

Thanks again y'all~

Hihi, how’s it going guys? I’m technically a very old member but I’ve been on hiatus for quite a while and noticed I don’t seem to have an intro thread on here. (I did a filtered search) So, since I’m a returnee who hasn’t been on in ages… I’m gonna introduce myself to start fresh.

I’m Jaluna, an editor and writer. I’m also an aspiring game developer, though I have few skills required for it yet. I tend to be slower on forums in general, or at least, I probably will be for now. But I’ll try to say hi when I can.

Other things about me:
-I can’t smell a thing (never have, never will probably)
-I play DnD like 4 days a week.
-I have a lot of medical problems including spinal damage so I go to doctors a lot and have no real 'schedule' due to chronic pain deciding things for me.
-I often say I am a bird or an alien... or a tree. There are perfectly logical reasons for all of those and if you want me to tell you I will, but maybe later.
-I is short. Fear teh smol adult.
Youre Back GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom