What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Last Game Played

Sounds like my kind of game :D
#ncis gibbs GIF by CBS

Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster

Same here, I finally got around to playing it a little bit before I went to work this morning. I had played and finished the demo, but I am not far past that point. 😆😆
I'm still in the sort of beginning but not really. I'm going to wait until after I beat the game before I give my final verdict of it. I did pre-order the ultimate soundtrack because the music is beautiful.

I've been playing FFXVI too. Didn't play the demo and haven't watched any trailers but the first so it's all new to me.
Yeah, that makes sense. I usually try and avoid spoilers for games too. Although I did try the demo when I found out that your saved progress in it would continue over to the main game. Haha a good thing I did try it as prior to that I was not in a rush to get the game. Really enjoyed the demo and ended up preordering it.
I'm still in the sort of beginning but not really. I'm going to wait until after I beat the game before I give my final verdict of it. I did pre-order the ultimate soundtrack because the music is beautiful.
That is fair enough, it will be interesting to see what your final take on it is.
Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
Ooo nice, I quite like that one. I also enjoyed it a lot more than the 3D one because I totally misunderstood some of the dungeons in it the first time I played through. Realized my error in the Pixel Remaster. Either that or they changed how certain dungeons can be played.

Jeopardy on the PS2 emulator where it's the 7th emulator I downloaded since 2006. Here's my progress.
Jeopardy-12-Games.png

Whats that?
It's basically a Medieval city-building game. You don't have a whole lot to work with, though - and you have multiple things to look out for (e.g. that your people have enough food, enough tools to work with, and enough firewood to keep warm in winter) - so, it is quite difficult!

Brunswick Bowling
The Flintstones Bowl GIF by Boomerang Official

It's basically a Medieval city-building game. You don't have a whole lot to work with, though - and you have multiple things to look out for (e.g. that your people have enough food, enough tools to work with, and enough firewood to keep warm in winter) - so, it is quite difficult!
Ah I see, sounds fun. :)

Brunswick Bowling 🎳
The Flintstones Bowl GIF by Boomerang Official

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile from the remake. I am enjoying it. The nostalgic hit that I wanted. I loved the 1st on they original PlayStation. 😁

It is, although if there's one criticism I have, it's that it involves a lot of waiting around!

Anyway, the last game I played was Railroad Tycoon II.

I used to love Railroad Tycoon! :D

Still Klonoa, although I am not having as much fun with it now. Hahaha oh my life am I bad at this game. Stuck in the bonus level, I am sure that I am only like 1 or 2 rooms from the end. Might as well be an eternity away though with how badly I am going. :banghead: :banghead:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (NS)
I have all the shrines and lightroots now, so I'm mostly just wrapping up any remaining side quests and looking for caves and wells I've not found yet before fighting Ganondorf.

Did you beat it yet? I'm doing hunts and side quests. Did one hunt that was level 50 and I was 40. Managed to defeat it.
Yep, I finished it before I started Klonoa. I didn't do any of the trials though haha. I did all the hunts and side quests though. I ended up enjoying the game all the way through. Also preferred the side quests in this a lot more than the ones in 15.

I am also now on Klonoa 2 although I don't think I am that far from the ending. So will possibly get to start my next game tonight. If not, then tomorrow for sure.

I used to love Railroad Tycoon! :D
Yep, and I still do! I don't play it as often as I once did, but it's always nice to go back to it :) .

(Speaking of which, it's the last game I played, once again :) )

Guardians of the Galaxy, I am surprised I put off playing it for so long. I am really enjoying it. Love the exchanges between the team members.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Just doing the daily run.

I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077. It unfortunately still has bugs and issues which are holding it back from being a more enthralling experience. I am enjoying it, but those issues make it hard at times. Just two nights ago I had a corrupted save file issue and lost over an hour of gameplay. 😬😬

I have been playing Cyberpunk 2077. It unfortunately still has bugs and issues which are holding it back from being a more enthralling experience. I am enjoying it, but those issues make it hard at times. Just two nights ago I had a corrupted save file issue and lost over an hour of gameplay. 😬😬
Really, wow. I was thinking about picking this up for another day. Might rethink it...

Really, wow. I was thinking about picking this up for another day. Might rethink it...
What platform would you be thinking of getting it on? I am playing it on PS5, which is also impacting how I am playing the game. I think the fact I am going for trophies is making my experience worse in some ways. Both in terms of doing more of the repetitive boring elements of the open world activities and limiting my scope for how I approach the game. It also ended up limiting my character build since I had to follow a more limited path to hit attribute and skill check trophies. It is a lot better than it was at launch. But they can still be annoying. The most common one for me is the game crashing, which isn't as much of an issue because the autosaves are pretty generous. But still annoying. Occasionally quests bug out and need me to reload the game as they won't load what is required. Last week had a quest which required me to go into a house but the game didn't load the state of the garage door being open. So it wasn't possible to progress without a reload. It is a shame because there are definitely hints that it could have been a really good game. There is also the free update coming out soon which will almost be a soft relaunch from what I have heard. I do think if I hadn't been doing all the open world activities I would have been enjoying it a lot more. I also am still enjoying it.

Edit: It could also be a luck thing, as I know other people who have played it and experienced less issues and bugs than me. A friend played it on PS4 and had less gameplay crashes than me.

What platform would you be thinking of getting it on? I am playing it on PS5, which is also impacting how I am playing the game. I think the fact I am going for trophies is making my experience worse in some ways. Both in terms of doing more of the repetitive boring elements of the open world activities and limiting my scope for how I approach the game. It also ended up limiting my character build since I had to follow a more limited path to hit attribute and skill check trophies. It is a lot better than it was at launch. But they can still be annoying. The most common one for me is the game crashing, which isn't as much of an issue because the autosaves are pretty generous. But still annoying. Occasionally quests bug out and need me to reload the game as they won't load what is required. Last week had a quest which required me to go into a house but the game didn't load the state of the garage door being open. So it wasn't possible to progress without a reload. It is a shame because there are definitely hints that it could have been a really good game. There is also the free update coming out soon which will almost be a soft relaunch from what I have heard. I do think if I hadn't been doing all the open world activities I would have been enjoying it a lot more. I also am still enjoying it.

Edit: It could also be a luck thing, as I know other people who have played it and experienced less issues and bugs than me. A friend played it on PS4 and had less gameplay crashes than me.

PS5. I was actually in GameStop today, saw it, but didn't pick it up after reading your other message. I get the occasional bug but that just sounds awful. Hopefully the update will fix what's going on? But it's weird that some people have problems and others don't. I think after I might give it a try or buy it to plan later on. I'm wondering if it would be better on PS4 since your friend didn't have much issues with it? Are you going for the platinum?

PS5. I was actually in GameStop today, saw it, but didn't pick it up after reading your other message. I get the occasional bug but that just sounds awful. Hopefully the update will fix what's going on? But it's weird that some people have problems and others don't. I think after I might give it a try or buy it to plan later on. I'm wondering if it would be better on PS4 since your friend didn't have much issues with it? Are you going for the platinum?
I definitely wouldn't recommend playing the PS4 version. The PS5 version is a lot better. Yep, I am going for platinum in it. The general consensus on the game does seem to be quite positive. I would buy it on special rather than full price though if you can. The PS4 version also comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you can find that one cheaper. The update sounds like a pretty substantive change of focused on gameplay mechanics.

An old Flash game called Zoo Keeper.

It's quite similar to Bejeweled, but with animals instead of jewels :p .

Ridiculous, but I just got back into games that were normally offered on Wii back in the day. Sad that the Wii is considered an old console. But, also games I would play on the PlayStation and/or GameCube.

So to fulfill my need for nostalgia, I purchased a Nintendo Switch out of the blue, so I could play 'Switch Sports'.... I have to say I am fantastic at bowling and tennis.

But also wanted Super Smash, and Mario Kart, Mario Party as well :angel:

I definitely wouldn't recommend playing the PS4 version. The PS5 version is a lot better. Yep, I am going for platinum in it. The general consensus on the game does seem to be quite positive. I would buy it on special rather than full price though if you can. The PS4 version also comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you can find that one cheaper. The update sounds like a pretty substantive change of focused on gameplay mechanics.
Good luck! I can probably get it from Gamefly, check it out, if I like it then buy it at a discounted price. There was one time when Best Buy advertised it for $5.00. Of course it was sold out shortly after.

Ridiculous, but I just got back into games that were normally offered on Wii back in the day. Sad that the Wii is considered an old console. But, also games I would play on the PlayStation and/or GameCube.

So to fulfill my need for nostalgia, I purchased a Nintendo Switch out of the blue, so I could play 'Switch Sports'.... I have to say I am fantastic at bowling and tennis.

But also wanted Super Smash, and Mario Kart, Mario Party as well :angel:

Congrats on the new switch! :gamer:

Triddlers (griddlers with another half dimension); also acrostics, which I never understood when my grandmother played, but now I adore them

Starfield. Was trying to see about a demo for Lies of P but no luck even though there was supposedly one.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom