What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Locations you’ve loved photographing

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

What are your favorite locations for taking photos?

Can you share some of these pics?

Outdoors usually. Typically in the middle of nowhere or in an urban metropolitan environment.

Not so much locations, but I've had the most fun catching animals, wildlife in posable shots. So, outdoors too I guess.

3ihl3KJ.jpg

uBowHiP.jpg

LZ9nzLo.jpg

6XvFc5l.jpg

3KNj5lV.jpg

sBGmV8S.jpg

Q1cJQtB.jpg

x0wWylJ.png

ke3EPXG.jpg

What are your favorite locations for taking photos?

Can you share some of these pics?

Wild Horse Monument - “Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies”

Wild Horse Monument is perched on a ridge along I-90 east of the small town of Vantage, Washington. It’s easily seen from the road driving in either direction, but the best way to experience this sculpture is to hike up to the charging life-size horses.

The monument also called “Grandfather Cuts Loose the Ponies,” was built by Chewelah sculpture artist David Govedare in 1989 and honors a time when real wild horses roamed the steppes of Eastern Washington. There is a total of fifteen horses and each one weights 1,200 lbs.
..LINK..
---------------------------------------------
8Ild9s2.jpg

yeE8mtH.jpg

OWY7Bug.jpg

PQOyICM.jpg

AwJJEyZ.jpg

bkrN7Ge.jpg

This bridge.. at dusk is truly breath-taking and my biggest regret is that I didn't get any good pictures of it even though I lived spitting distance from the bridge itself..

I'll get them eventually the next time I'm back downstate..
That pic right there is a spectacular sight! (y)

I agree, the person who took it must've been at the park on the on Manhattan westbound side. The bridge goes to Staten Island, but Shore Parkway runs along the coast and you can take that to the BQE. The eastbound side is closest to the coast and it connects to the Belt Parkway and has a coastal park and scenic overlook. It is perfect for flying kites and that is where my Mom used to take me and my brother as kids.

But yeah it really is a beautiful bridge and it is the fastest way to get to the NJTP but the tolls suck.. LOL

When I was a kid I remember that bridge being $5 and it actually went up to $19 at one point.. so driving from NY to SC using that route actually hurt, between it and the CBBT.. which is now $14.

The CBBT is another good place to take pictures and they actually had a scenic pull off where you could do so on the bridge and there used to be a restaurant on it too that was pretty good. They also had a souvenir shop thst we always stopped in whenever we were on the bridge.

As expensive as the trip is in tolls, it is still a beautiful drive.. from start to finish. And since we've moved North, that trip is nearly doubled in time and it is still just as expensive because while we can avoid the NJTP, we still have the I-476.. which is just as expensive..

Last edited:
Hands down, my favorite is abandoned/falling down buildings. They convey so much - basic texture, but also deep stories and the human condition.

I am not good with photos but anything great..... from Scenery, Animals, Food

Zidz07hh.jpg

EHgfkA6h.jpg

GLrbcfqh.jpg

PYldrM1h.jpg

y8Q6I4oh.jpg

Wq0CY0Rh.jpg

5gbMqFPh.jpg

I am not good with photos but anything great..... from Scenery, Animals, Food
Yes, you are!! (y) I enjoyed them all.

I especially love the one of the "cammo-ed" praying mantis!

I love going to Cranberry Flats, which is a conservation area with walking/hiking trails nearby where I live. Here are a few of my favourite photos:

I saw one of the most spectacular sunrises I've ever seen there last year

Is that enough photos? :LOL:

Not so much locations, but I've had the most fun catching animals, wildlife in posable shots. So, outdoors too I guess.

3ihl3KJ.jpg

uBowHiP.jpg

LZ9nzLo.jpg

6XvFc5l.jpg

3KNj5lV.jpg

sBGmV8S.jpg

Q1cJQtB.jpg

x0wWylJ.png

ke3EPXG.jpg
Your bird photos are spectacular! They're not easy to get photos of. Is that last hawk photo a sharp-shinned hawk? It's gorgeous!

Is that last hawk photo a sharp-shinned hawk? It's gorgeous!
Either sharp-shinned or Cooper's I think; hard to say. Very small for a hawk; it was chasing the sparrows that hung around the house. ... lucky shot!! :cool:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom