Miscarriage support

~ True Legend ~

Goofy Nerd
Elite Member

Women who lose babies during pregnancy have been promised improved care, including better ways for remains to be collected and stored with dignity.
Shocking!

The government is now committing to 24/7 care along with allowing collection and storage of remains with dignity. Let's hope these commitments are upheld!
Other recommendations in the review include:
  • Education in schools on the symptoms of all types of baby loss and where to seek help
  • Routine offers of mental health support for women and partners
  • Support to understand why the loss occurred with appointments and advice for future pregnancies
  • Private spaces in hospitals for patients experiencing baby loss
  • Further research on the increased risk for women from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds and people from more deprived areas

• I feel like life skill education in schools is too narrow, and there should be broader education on this type of thing.
  • I think it's disgusting that there's no support to understand the whys and hows, and private spaces to grieve.
  • We can only hope for a greater capacity of resources for mental health support.

This is a difficult subject to talk about but I am glad your government is doing more for these mothers and even fathers in pain from losing their unborn children. Also storing remains in a home refrigerator sounds like it would be pretty traumatizing. :(

Miscarriage needs to be talked about more given how often it can happen. That's not to say it'll be easier for people going through it, but being more prepared can be helpful.

This is a difficult subject to talk about but I am glad your government is doing more for these mothers and even fathers in pain from losing their unborn children. Also storing remains in a home refrigerator sounds like it would be pretty traumatizing. :(
Definitely. Couples should have the chpice as ro what to do with the remains!
Miscarriage needs to be talked about more given how often it can happen. That's not to say it'll be easier for people going through it, but being more prepared can be helpful.
Yeah it’s a pretty taboo subject isn’t it? Hopefully just like mental health it’ll eventually get de-stigmatised

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom