What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Neb's Fitness Log

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Welcome to @Neb's fitness log. :D

I have 3 exercise machines at my house.

One of my New Years Resolutions for 2023 is to try to use at least one of them every day.

(with an occasional day off every once in a while)

Treadmill GIF

I have this elliptical:

elliptical.jpg

I have this treadmill:

treadmill.png

...and I just got this exercise bike:

bike.png

Whenever I use one of these machines,

I will be posting how much time / distance I did here.

Studying Hand-Made GIF by Philippa Rice

Whipping Self-Help GIF by Alex Monaco

Just did 30 minutes on the elliptical (first time since..... July 2022.... just one day in July, before was a couple times in May 2022).

I am out of shape! That was really hard. :faint:

Used to be I was just getting started at the 30 minute mark.

Anyway:

[Elliptical - January 1, 2023] Minutes: 30 | Miles: 3.37

That's a long time for "starters". Since this is not going to happen all at once, might it work better for you to start out at 10 or 15 minutes, then work up by 3-5 minutes at a time? I don't think that you want to be a yo-yo either. ;)

That's a long time for "starters". Since this is not going to happen all at once, might it work better for you to start out at 10 or 15 minutes, then work up by 3-5 minutes at a time? I don't think that you want to be a yo-yo either. ;)

...believe me I was wanting to get off at the 15 mark. I was already dying then. I reduced the resistance and did another 15. :hot:

I figure I can handle 30 minutes on the elliptical because its a low impact exercise.

You got this, @Nebulous, but owning 3 exercise machines is unheard of. :ohmy:

You can do it Nebby!!
Thanks! :hug:
i need to make the same think with my push-ups program 🤣
Go for it! :highfive:
You got this, @Nebulous, but owning 3 exercise machines is unheard of. :ohmy:

Well I didn't buy them all at once.

The treadmill is my oldest machine, bought it a few years ago (still going strong). It was the only machine I could have because I lived in an apartment back then.

When I bought my house a couple years ago I had a spare room & I turned it into a workout room, so I bought the elliptical.

The bike I just ordered recently on a whim. It was on clearance (2020 model) and I had a $100 gift card for that company so I got it for cheap.

Distance....I was thinking. :eek: :LOL:
Just for fun you could figure the distance between your house, or town, and Pikes Peak.
And when you walk, run, "eclip" that many accumulated miles, then you can consider you've gotten your money's worth out of your machines.

Distance....I was thinking. :eek: :LOL:
Just for fun you could figure the distance between your house, or town, and Pikes Peak.
And when you walk, run, "eclip" that many accumulated miles, then you can consider you've gotten your money's worth out of your machines.

I've probably walked / ran that far on the treadmill alone. Put a ton of miles on that thing over the years.

Didn't get on any of them day. Had a really busy day at work, running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Then went shopping after work, then took my daughter somewhere, now its almost 8pm and I have to go to bed in a couple hours. Also my legs are sore from the past two days of elliptical'ing & I didn't sleep that great last night. Lots of excuses. I'll get on it tomorrow. :D

[Elliptical - January 4, 2023] Minutes: 31 | Miles: 3.37

Did an extra minute this time 😛

Anyway:

[Elliptical - January 1, 2023] Minutes: 30 | Miles: 3.37

….still got the same distance as I did on the 1st :doh:

Oh yeah my new bike came today! :clap: So did my new iPad:D

Gotta assemble the bike and finish setting up my iPad.

One of my New Years Resolutions for 2023 is to try to use at least one of them every day.

@Nebulous an occasional day off doesn't mean 5 consecutive days off! :slapface:

Gonna get back on it tomorrow!

I have good excuses for some of those days. Thursday I went on the elliptical but later that evening I went to a stand-up comedy show. Ate too many weed edibles before the show and went into a coma when I got home, lol. Slept until like 6pm the next day, felt foggy the rest of that day so... Friday was a wash. Saturday still felt kind of foggy headed but better, was hanging out to my peeps & went to the movies, before I knew it the day was over. Sunday I was catching up on posts and was here on Off Topix most of the day. Monday (yesterday) I had a busy day at work then went and ran a bunch of errands after work. Today I am running on a couple hours of sleep because the storms were so bad, loud thunder, lightening, heavy heavy rain, hail, warnings and advisories blowing up my phone, my daughter knocking on my door in the middle of the night because the phone alerts scared her, so couldn't sleep. Anyway, tonight going to try to go to bed early and have a better day tomorrow.

Speaking of the storm, at the time of this posting: 34,000 Californians are under evacuation orders, while 160,000 are without power.
Thankfully I haven't been evacuated yet and still have power. Lets hope it stays that way.

@Nebulous an occasional day off doesn't mean 5 consecutive days off! :slapface:

Gonna get back on it tomorrow!

I have good excuses for some of those days. Thursday I went on the elliptical but later that evening I went to a stand-up comedy show. Ate too many weed edibles before the show and went into a coma when I got home, lol. Slept until like 6pm the next day, felt foggy the rest of that day so... Friday was a wash. Saturday still felt kind of foggy headed but better, was hanging out to my peeps & went to the movies, before I knew it the day was over. Sunday I was catching up on posts and was here on Off Topix most of the day. Monday (yesterday) I had a busy day at work then went and ran a bunch of errands after work. Today I am running on a couple hours of sleep because the storms were so bad, loud thunder, lightening, heavy heavy rain, hail, warnings and advisories blowing up my phone, my daughter knocking on my door in the middle of the night because the phone alerts scared her, so couldn't sleep. Anyway, tonight going to try to go to bed early and have a better day tomorrow.
Gonna' have to get @Webster to motivate you back into the routine ;)
Speaking of the storm, at the time of this posting: 34,000 Californians are under evacuation orders, while 160,000 are without power.
Thankfully I haven't been evacuated yet and still have power. Lets hope it stays that way.
Eek, stay safe!!

I was "assuming" that you were far enough inland to escape the biggest brunt of this storm. But it sounds like it you're still in an "iffy" spot.

Sure hope your power holds out!!

Looks like California is catching up for the last 15-year drought all at once!

In Love Cat GIF

Actually I totally gave up on this, going to get back to it when I get back from vacation.

:work:

Welcome to @Neb's fitness log. :D

I have 3 exercise machines at my house.

Treadmill GIF

I have this elliptical:

elliptical.jpg

I have this treadmill:

treadmill.png

...and I just got this exercise bike:

bike.png

Whenever I use one of these machines,

I will be posting how much time / distance I did here.

Studying Hand-Made GIF by Philippa Rice

Saw a guest viewing this thread so I figured I’d post an update.

I sold the elliptical and bike and put the treadmill in the garage. The room where the exercise equipment used to be is now a room for my dogs, their beds, food / water bowls, toys, etc is in there. That room has a door that leads into the backyard, when they get a little bigger I am going to put a doggy door so they can go in and out as they please. Also going to train them how to walk on the treadmill.

As for fitness, I joined a gym. Been swimming a lot lately, need to get back into more cardio equipment (which they have a lot of) and maybe some weight lifting.

Also going to train them how to walk on the treadmill.
IMO....do that while they're still little pieces of putty! Our dog will stand on the treadmill & look out the window; but, she's scared to death of being on it when it's turned on. :)

IMO....do that while they're still little pieces of putty! Our dog will stand on the treadmill & look out the window; but, she's scared to death of being on it when it's turned on. :)

That’s the plan!

I sold the elliptical and bike

Oh yeah, I learned there isn't much of a market for used exercise equipment. The elliptical ended up selling for $100 (paid $1100 for it originally) and the bike sold for $50 (paid $350 for it originally). I was selling the elliptical for $500 and I finally accepted a low ball offer of $100 after a few weeks. I was selling the bike for $200 and I talked the guy who low-ball'ed me on the elliptical to take the bike too for $50. Was hoping to get $700 from selling them both but only ended up with $150. After a while I just wanted to get rid of them.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom