What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Neet Gadgets

passenger

֍ Along for the ride.
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Just ordered this nifty-looking little gadget - a mini overhead ceiling fan for the bedroom: SocketFan! :superman:

tChaEXil.jpg

That is a cool looking gadget! I just got my sister a tactical flashlight that fits in her pocket. Super bright, I forget the total lumens, but it makes night turn day in an instant. Good for her protection. She works for Axon, so she already gets good deals on tazers, but it helps to have anything and everything for her late night life.

That is a cool looking gadget! I just got my sister a tactical flashlight that fits in her pocket. Super bright, I forget the total lumens, but it makes night turn day in an instant. Good for her protection. She works for Axon, so she already gets good deals on tazers, but it helps to have anything and everything for her late night life.
I don't go out much at night, but I sure do like having a good, strong pocket/purse size flashlight in case of any kind of emergency.....good time of the year to think about something like that too, more dark time.

I don't go out much at night, but I sure do like having a good, strong pocket/purse size flashlight in case of any kind of emergency.....good time of the year to think about something like that too, more dark time.
I would strongly recommend this one to anyone in the market for one!

Amazon product

I saw that on sale at Wal-Mart last night.

I wonder if it's any good?
Actually, where I want this one is in the bathroom vent fan outlet; so....my husband is 'workin' on it'. He needs to convert from powering the fan to a socket; more complicated than what it shows on the box, but it's where I want it. I think that the vent fan in the bathroom is probably code but I never turn it on because it's a noisy, rattle-trap piece of junk. :LOL: I just want to leave that little fan going for air circulation.
I'll give you some feedback when he's done installing it. :)

Yes, I think so.
Works perfectly: three speeds on the fan (as advertised); very quiet, even on the highest speed no 'rattle-bang' just a pleasant little whirring noise. Puts out a nice breeze even on low speed. Somewhere in the advertising it says, "Save bundles on your utility bill by not running your a/c." ...that's laughable, can't see it at 90º.
Three-way light, I got the "soft-white" version rather than the brite-white. Fan works independently of light. The dimmest light may be too much for a nite lite....have not tried that out yet.
I like it, we'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts for the cheapish little gadget that it is. :D

"Normal" installation should only take about 10 minutes or less; here it was a bit more complicated:
iXXyPIbl.jpg

yviWmEml.jpg

Qac9BpIl.jpg

EH5S7Iol.jpg

KT1Fxjll.jpg

♪♥♫ ▲ ♪♥♫ "And then along came Jones"
Promised Feedback..... :rolleyes: :LOL:
So, Six or Seven months later: said Socket Fan has been running steadily, mostly on low speed, 24/7. Totally smooth & quiet running on low speed; bit of whirring noise on higher speeds, but no 'clatter'. I don't use the light often, just because of the placement here, but, nice bright led light. Nifty remote.
Highly recommend - 5 stars. (y)

♪♥♫ ▲ ♪♥♫ "And then along came Jones"
Promised Feedback..... :rolleyes: :LOL:
So, Six or Seven months later: said Socket Fan has been running steadily, mostly on low speed, 24/7. Totally smooth & quiet running on low speed; bit of whirring noise on higher speeds, but no 'clatter'. I don't use the light often, just because of the placement here, but, nice bright led light. Nifty remote.
Highly recommend - 5 stars. (y)

Glad its still working :)

HENG Balance Lamp:
The unique HENG Balance lamp uses a levitating magnetic ball as a switch.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom