One word psychology evaluation

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

Shrinks will sometimes use this to gauge where your head is at in regards to the people you are close to. One can tell a lot by your answers. Care to play along? I'll start things off.

Father: bastard
Mother: disgusting
Youngest sister: cool
Middle sister: drunk
Eldest sister: braggart
Girlfriend: kind
Best friend: fun
Boss at work: wise
My dog: faithful

O.k. your turn.:cool:

That's your opinion and may not be the opinions of others. As to me I don't give a flying f**k about your opinion.:whistles:

Evidently you do as you instantly responded to the post and went out of your way to include both a vulgarity and an emoji.

Actions speak much louder and clearer than words.

A David and Goliath battle won't do me any favors. You've been here a long time pal. But we'll see... karma and all that. Anybody care to get this back on topic? Or do I get another drive by swipe by a :censored:?

A David and Goliath battle won't do me any favors. You've been here a long time pal. But we'll see... karma and all that. Anybody care to get this back on topic? Or do I get another drive by swipe by a :censored:?

Sorry about derailing the thread. But the name of the board is "Off Topix".

And my statement will stand as my personal opinion of the entire profession you called "shrinks".

Sorry about derailing the thread. But the name of the board is "Off Topix".

And my statement will stand as my personal opinion of the entire profession you called "shrinks".
Seeing as you appear reasonably intelligent I'll engage you. A member (who I am growing to like) wrote today that going to a "shrink" changed her life for the better. So, kindly put that in your pipe and smoke it.:boss:

Last edited:
Seeing as you appear reasonably intelligent I'll engage you. A member (who I am growing to like) wrote today that going to a "shrink" changed her life for the better. So, kindly put that in your pipe and smoke it.:boss:

Thank you for the compliment.

I didn't say that 'shrinks' are useless. But I would maintain that the member whose life was changed, was because SHE changed it. Perhaps the mental health professional pointed her down the right path, but she had to make a conscious effort to take the steps needed to correct the situation, and it is up to her to maintain that positive mindset.

During a job a long time ago in a state far, far away, I became friends with a 'staff psychologist' due to a similar taste in off duty hobbies. He would go on and on about how his goal in these sessions was to simply keep the person talking. The topic didn't matter at all, as long as they were talking. His favorite questions were various versions of "how did 'that' make you feel?" He tried it with me a few times while we were fishing, he didn't like the fact that I seldom react to anything with any noticeable emotion and finally admitted that I would be a poor candidate for his brand of therapy.

I told him that is why I go fishing.

Listen OffTopixers, do not allow yourselves to be intimidated by the above comments. Enjoy the topic and it is *NOT* a waste of your time to participate. Never allow anyone's opinions to get inside your head. (advice is sometimes good, opinions not so much) Be your own person and be independent.:cool:

Last edited:
My immediate family is amazing, and I cherish them deeply.
We have our typical sibling disagreements, but it's all part of being a family.

As for a few others, well, let's just say they're not as close to me . However, I'd rather not dive into specifics about their role in my life. :)

Listen OffTopixers, do not allow yourselves to be intimidated by the above comments. Enjoy the topic and it is *NOT* a waste of your time to participate. Never allow anyone's opinions to get inside your head. (advice is sometimes good, opinions not so much) Be your own person and be independent.:cool:

An excellent statement.

You, my friend, are at times quite thoughtful and well spoken.

Father: okay (now)
Mother: RIP
Youngest sister: dont have one
Middle sister: dont have one
Eldest sister: dont have one
Girlfriend: dont have one
Best friend: cool
Boss at work: okay
My dogs: best

Alright, I'll bite:

Father: Yeesh (love the guy, but he's got a lot of problems, lol)
Mother: Naive, but her heart is in the right place (love her lots)
Youngest brother: Organized
Middle sibling:
Independent (me)
Eldest brother: Good
Boyfriend: Non-existent
Best friend: Non-existent
Boss at work: Calm, cool, collected, helpful, understanding (Several words for her)
My cats: Amazing precious angel babies (Several words for them)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.