What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Recent Literature Purchases

I didn't finish 1984 but hope to get back to it later. It's pretty good.

Scarlet Rose said:
I went to the annual Red Cross Book Fair today and added 27 books to my collection.
smile.png
Looks like an interesting list.

Rob said:
I didn't finish 1984 but hope to get back to it later. It's pretty good.

Yeah, it is a book which a few people have recommended to me. I am not sure when I will end up getting around to reading it however.

Evil Eye said:
Looks like an interesting list.

Yeah, I am really pleased with some of the books I acquired. They should prove for entertaining reading when I get around to them. Well with a few exceptions, which might be quite irritating.
tongue.png

Scarlet Rose said:
Yeah, it is a book which a few people have recommended to me. I am not sure when I will end up getting around to reading it however.
It's a decent story and it has a bunch of interesting ideas. What more could you want?
biggrin.png

Evil Eye said:
It's a decent story and it has a bunch of interesting ideas. What more could you want?
biggrin.png

Oh I am certainly interested in reading it. That by no means is the issue. It is simply that I have a lot of books to read. I own something like 400 books I still need to read. o.o;;

o_O

You need a holiday without internet access...

Well, that always seems to work for me.

Evil Eye said:
o_O

You need a holiday without internet access...

Well, that always seems to work for me.

Haha that does sound really nice. At the moment I am trying to address it through reading challenges. Aiming for 50 this year.

Shiro Tenshi Yuri said:
But it's so much fun to distract him.

Haha and then you criticize me for not reading enough. You are a sly one.

Edit:

My most recent purchase is now The Social Construction of Reality: A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge by Peter Berger and Thomas Luckmann

Today while in Tulsa, I picked up:

DC's The Ravagers #1 Which is part of the new 52 line up.

DC's DIAL H #1 Another part of the new 52 line up. And as I vaguely understand it. Is a revival of the comic.

Image's Spawn #219

And a book on Webcomics by Steven Withrow and John Barber

All Viking/Saxon novels :D :D :D

Crowbone by Robert Low - 5th book in the Oathsworn series
Swords of Good Men by Snorri Kristjansson - never heard of him or the book but saw it on Amazon and looked awesome
Saxon by Time Severin - First book in the new series
Hereward: The Devil's Army by James Wylde - Book 2

Owners manuals come with other things I've bought. Does that count?

Nothing recent for me, the last couple of books I read were either gifts or borrowed.
Nebulous said:
Probably not :p

Evil Eye said:
Nothing recent for me, the last couple of books I read were either gifts or borrowed.
Nebulous said:
Probably not :p

:bigcry:

I'm expecting Crucible of Gold by Naomi Novik any day now, horribly behind on that series (Temeraire) still have the one before it in my book stash. Hopefully tomorrow, because of reasons.

Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik and a couple replacement Tolkiens (unfinished tales and stuff, need all of them except The Silmarilion, all originally books from 60's and 70's fell apart a few years ago and have been gradually getting new copies).

Bought Divergent by Veronica Roth off of Amazon last week and it arrived on Wednesday.

While I was visiting the college that I'll be attending, I stopped by a comic-book store and purchased V for Vendetta, as well as The Untold Legend of the Batman.

Ordered this about a week ago and it came in the mail yesterday. Which is a yay!

1780771_10152347321978623_1728492670_n.jpg

Penny For Your Soul: WAR is the full title for this first volume from Big Dog Ink.

Zathras said:
Ordered this about a week ago and it came in the mail yesterday. Which is a yay!

1780771_10152347321978623_1728492670_n.jpg

Penny For Your Soul: WAR is the full title for this first volume from Big Dog Ink.

Good vs Evil?

Something like that, more like the Devil's Daughter getting involved and using Vegas as a way to buy people's souls and not doing things the way they have been done for years. I haven't had the chance to read the full thing though.

Zathras said:
Something like that, more like the Devil's Daughter getting involved and using Vegas as a way to buy people's souls and not doing things the way they have been done for years. I haven't had the chance to read the full thing though.

Sounds like a great story right there :)

Yep yep, not much in the way of nudity like I thought there would be either considering it being set in Vegas and demons and such.

Darn, well there's plenty of nudity on the internet. :LOL:

Scarlet Rose said:
I recently purchased 38 books at a book fair. Pretty happy with them. :)

Nice! And for 20 bucks, I got these six titles yesterday at Hastings.

1620821_10152839786078623_2778508104051465131_n.jpg

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
and
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

"Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive" by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Amy Newmark. So hard to put down!

Discovering Vintage Chicago, 50 Signs of Mental Illness, History of Chicago Television, Golden Age of Chicago Kids TV, Czech & Croatian language phrasebooks.

cross GIF

I went to the annual Red Cross Book Fair last week. It was the first time I had gone in a few years. Got some books I am pretty happy with. Wasn't expecting to see anything by Tim Ingold so that was a really nice surprise.

Last edited:
I went to the annual Red Cross Book Fair last week. It was the first time I had gone in a few years. Got some books I am pretty happy with. Wasn't expecting to see anything by Tim Ingold so that was a really nice surprise.

Looks like you need access to see the pics?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom