What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Should schools give allergy training?

~ True Legend ~

Goofy Nerd
Elite Member

Dangerous allergic reactions are rising in England and now cause some 25,000 NHS hospital stays a year, data shows.
People who know they are at risk should always carry two adrenaline pens which they, or someone else, can administer in an emergency.

In addition, people at risk of an anaphylactic reaction should regularly check the contents of their adrenaline pens have not expired. They should see a pharmacist to get a new one if a pen is close to expiring.

I didn't even know of such thing and always assumed severe medical reactions have to be taken to emergency care, where at least in the UK, there are often lengthy queues. I fathom inadequate education given as for how to deal with allergic reactions prior to treatment with emergency care.

It wouldn't hurt to educate our children about it. Food allergies are an increasing problem and a lot of restaurants are not dealing with it in a way that they should. I do not know if that is because of ignorance or because of an unwillingness.

It wouldn't hurt to educate our children about it. Food allergies are an increasing problem and a lot of restaurants are not dealing with it in a way that they should. I do not know if that is because of ignorance or because of an unwillingness.
Food chain corruption. I recommend watching the netflix documentary series Rotten.

Food chain corruption. I recommend watching the netflix documentary series Rotten.

I saw that. It was very informative. I think if I had severe food allergies, I would refrain from ever eating take out if that meant I could die a horrible death if one of the cooks were to be negligent.

I do think it's because of ignorance. I remember, eons ago, when I first heard about peanut allergies, I thought, "Oh POO!" :rolleyes: ....... little did I realize that this is a VERY serious thing.
The school systems can't seem to handle what's already on their plates, so adding another little item like this just might be the last straw.

It might be good if somehow parents could be educated & then pass that knowledge on to their kids?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom