Social media improved human communication?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Debate topic:

Do you think social media has improved human communication?

Why or why not?

social media facebook GIF

It's had a impact but I wouldn't say it's improved the way humans interact with each other. If anything I feel like it's created more of a divide between people, it brings the worse out of people as well. People have a platform where they can freely say what they want without directly saying things to other people's faces, of course there's a limit to what they can say since there's some form of moderation. (Yet moderation on most social media platforms have flaws.)

Nope. It has just brought out the nastiness of people. They can't say stuff to someone's face so why not do it online, in the comfort of their own home, behind a fictitious name, and of course a computer. The stuff on Twitter, oh excuse me, X and Facebook is truly awful.

Yes and no. Unfortunately, most people tend to use it in a negative or harmful manner

It only improved the ability to and the time in which it takes, I believe. Not necessarily for the better, though.

This is a 50/50 situation.

On one hand, some people can spend all their time on social media, barely doing anything in the real world. We've all seen that one moron who is balls deep in their phone and doesn't pay attention to anything. I do think for people with lower will power and brain functionality social media can absolutely ruin them.

On the other hand, though, social media can also be the only way some people communicate/feel safe communicating. For example, people with Autism who, in person can't make eye contact and/or struggle to speak. However, get them on Facebook and they will talk your ear off.

Social media can be largely detrimental, but I do think there are some communication benefits.

Yes and no. It's improved people talking to one another around the world, but on the other hand it makes it difficult to meet new people outside of the Internet if they didn't meet you on Facebook or some form of social media first, dating especially. People rely heavily on apps instead of doing it the old fashioned way. People have become rather used to having those barriers from the internet. It's easier to talk to someone on your computer than it is to a complete stranger in person.

Its made people into awkward slugs IRL. People think calling them (rather than texting) is an assault or something too. Lol

Its made people into awkward slugs IRL. People think calling them (rather than texting) is an assault or something too. Lol
lol yea. The old ways don't work anymore. You can't go up and ask anyone anything in public in real life anymore unless you meet them on Facebook or on a dating app. They'll think you're a creep of some kind.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom