What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Titan Arum

ElegantAura

Off the wall
Elite Member

The Mysterious Corpse Flower

The Titan Arum, scientifically named Amorphophallus titanum, is famous for being a huge and smelly plant. People often call it the "corpse flower." It comes from the rainforests of Sumatra and is known for its rare and interesting qualities. This plant is really big when it flowers, and it gives off a strange smell. The Titan Arum is like a puzzle that plant lovers all around the world find really interesting. Its giant size and unique smell make it a mysterious and captivating plant for people who love studying plants.

Would love to have the chance to smell one like Doc one day. Even though I would most likely regret it immediately.

Awesome!
Our 'local' personality, @DrLeftover, has actually been in the presence of one of these!

"corpse flower"
Whoops, it seems there's already a discussion on this topic.:D

Usually, I check for existing threads, but I didn't this time :oops: Let's continue the conversation in that existing thread, it has more information and pictures.
I hesitate to add photos because I'm not sure what's allowed.
I usually stick to posting my own because that way, I am sure there will not be a problem:p

You don't just smell it while you're there.

You still smell it when you get home, and the next day at work, and perhaps the following morning as well.
Warning! Warning! Do you hear that, @Daltonio? Be careful what you wish for! :LOL:

Whoops, it seems there's already a discussion on this topic.:D
NO WORRIES!!
I guess that's an "old school tradition that must not apply here. :) That happens a lot here; I've caught myself doing it & I've double-checked with our glorious leader & he says, "not a problem". So, you just carry on, Sandy; I think that you have offended no one!
Besides, the 'search' engine does not always work the way that I think it should. :LOL:

NO WORRIES!!
I guess that's an "old school tradition that must not apply here. :) That happens a lot here; I've caught myself doing it & I've double-checked with our glorious leader & he says, "not a problem". So, you just carry on, Sandy; I think that you have offended no one!
Besides, the 'search' engine does not always work the way that I think it should. :LOL:
I start new topics by looking at the last few pages.
I don't use the search engine, I check each thread, usually going through at least 3 pages.

Anyway, it's a beautiful flower, I don't think I'll ever see one. :( but will be nice

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom