What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Trump Considering Pardons for Jan. 6th Insurrectionists

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

(The Guardian) Donald Trump considering pardons for January 6 insurrectionists, if elected
Donald Trump has said that he is considering pardons for every person accused of attacking the US Capitol on 6 January if elected president in 2024, according to a new interview.

Trump told Time that he refers to those involved in the 2021 insurrection as “J-6 patriots”. When asked if he “would consider pardoning every one of them”, Trump said: “Yes, absolutely.”

Trump characterized those persecuted for their involvement in 6 January as being victims to a two-tier justice system.

Trump said: It’s a two-tier system. Because when I look at Portland, when I look at Minneapolis, where they took over police precincts and everything else, and went after federal buildings, when I look at other situations that were violent, and where people were killed, nothing happened to them. Nothing happened to them. I think it’s a two-tier system of justice. I think it’s a very, very sad thing. And whether you like it or not, nobody died other than Ashli [Babbitt].

Sheesh. What did I just read?

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Outlander

But it was worse than 9/11, everyone!!! Calling them insurrectionists was stupid even before we found out everything in the corporate media was incorrect. Hiding footage and destroying evidence should be enough to put the committee in charge in jail for fraud.

BUT.... If he does this and doesn't pardon Assange and Snowden then screw his pardons! Still upset he didn't have the balls to pardon them at the end of his term.

While Trump is right in regards to certain riots being allowed to get out of control (there are literal videos of mayors and what have you saying the cops need to stand down), he's not going to act on this, because a lot of those people who actually got inside the Capitol deserved to be arrested, regardless if "only one person died" or not. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But it was worse than 9/11, everyone!!!
I feel like people had a better mind set in the early 2000's. Not this. 9/11 was some really bad shit that happened. This is nothing compared to that and for them to call the Capital Riots something way worse is just a really bad analogy.

While Trump is right in regards to certain riots being allowed to get out of control (there are literal videos of mayors and what have you saying the cops need to stand down), he's not going to act on this, because a lot of those people who actually got inside the Capitol deserved to be arrested, regardless if "only one person died" or not. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I agree they should have had better sense than to go in but also all of the evidence shows entrapment was at play. Many many provocateurs and declining of bringing in the national guard for instance.

The Federal agents there should be fired.

The la
Many many provocateurs and declining of bringing in the national guard for instance.

The Federal agents there should be fired.
The law enforcement effort that day was a cluster:censored: of epic proportions.
Still, remind us again who exactly ginned them up to march on the Capitol that day?

:thinking: ....some guy with orange hair and orange skin, as I recall.... :thinking:

The la

The law enforcement effort that day was a cluster:censored: of epic proportions.
Still, remind us again who exactly ginned them up to march on the Capitol that day?

:thinking: ....some guy with orange hair and orange skin, as I recall.... :thinking:
He asked them to protest peacefully from what I recall. He never told them to do anything illegal. I'm all good with protests of any cause as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others are break the law. It was stupid for them to go in but the capitol police opened the doors for them.

He asked them to protest peacefully from what I recall. He never told them to do anything illegal.
And yet in the two months prior he continually questioned the results, refused to concede and flat-out accused/slandered election workers trying to do their jobs in the midst of a pandemic...yeah, we should really give Trump another bite of the presidential apple. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom