#Counting..
#Counting..
#Counting..
#Counting..
Countdown to Thanksgiving day 2024!  

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Debate question: Are ride-hailing companies a benefit to society?

Why or why not?

Wondering Deep Thoughts GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I suppose so. Some say they are putting taxi cabs out of business but its also creating work and income for the people who drive uber/lyft. Its also super convenient for a consumer like me to just do a few taps on my phone and a car magically appears to take me wherever I want to go. No need to stand out in a street trying to flag down a taxi. If you're in a remote area... good luck.

A lot of people where I live use Uber. Seems to work so I guess they would be a benefit.

I mostly use Lyft, and it's not by my personal choice 99% of the time. I use a medical transport concierge- if they can't get a regular medical transport company for me, they hire lyft. xD

Rideshare services are 100% beneficial to society. The whole argument of "they put taxis out of business!" makes zero sense when you realize the people who utilize Uber/Lyft never used taxis to begin with. I live in a big area, and you rarely see taxis. Taxi company and drivers are just jealous that Uber/Lyft are more prevalent and accessible. I don't drive, so Uber is amazing for me, and it's a great experience! I've met older, wonderful people who are retired, but doing it [Uber] for fun and have stories they want to share, and then I have folks my age who do Uber as a side hustle.

Theyre reliable but they're expensive as hell and thats why I almost never use them.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.