What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Upgraded to XenForo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

welcomeback.jpg

Hello there! We're back and better than ever!!!

While the forum was offline this weekend, I was behind the scenes upgrading this community to a brand new software, XenForo. I was also spending countless hours installing things, setting things up, tweaking them, making sure everything works properly, etc, etc, etc. If you find anything thing I might of missed, please shoot me a PM. I have a few projects on my to-do list still, so there's even more features on the way. Stay tuned!

Your existing password still works, so login and explore! If some reason you're having trouble logging in, please use the forgotten password feature or contact us via email.

We we're about due for an upgrade. MyBB is a nice platform and served us well for the last couple years. I believe XenForo will fill in the gaps though. Members have been asking for things like being notified when they've been quoted in a post, a "Like" system, status updates, profile comments, and several other things for ages now. This new platform delivers all of that.

Your reputation points have been converted into "likes" and awards are now known as "Trophies."

We have 11 new themes!! Yes, that's right, 11 new themes! Scroll down the bottom of any page and check them out. On the UI.X ones you can use the "AD Styler" to alter the colors and backgrounds, pretty much design your own theme for Off Topix and use it. All 11 themes are fully responsive and any of them will look great on your mobile device, phone, tablet, laptop or computer.

I will create a more detailed walk through of our new features soon.

I hope you enjoy this new chapter of Off Topix. See you around the community. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great and so happy to be back online!

I knew you were on the xenforo community site for a reason :)

Good stuff here Xenforo is awesome!

I love MyBB. I'll miss it!
And there is an Alert system in MyBB.
The mobile skin now looks amazing!

I think I like it. Will take some getting used to, but it looks good.

First forum I ever been on that uses Xenforo. IDK looks a bit clunky atm for me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

First forum I ever been on that uses Xenforo. IDK looks a bit clunky atm for me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Same here. Hopefully it'll have the mobile theme added since I browse this forum via 3G data too.

It's great to have the forum back up and it's good that the upgrade went smoothly too.

Thanks all.

Still working the kinks out of some of the themes, feel free to PM me if you spot any errors or have suggestions on things I could edit.

I have to admit I change the theme based on my mood haha XD Great stuff @Nebulous *does special xenforo thingies* See it's all awesome now haha XD

Great job on the converting, I have done many of them and it's not that easy of a task, glad to see all went well.

well wither i hate this new look is up for debate
nice have Off Topix back

Looks pretty good so far. :)

Must say at very first it felt super strange, but after spending 20 minutes browsing, it feels so much more better than the old Off Topix.

Thanks all! We're just getting started. Plenty of good things on the way. :)

Well holy donuts, I spend time doing other things and come back to see changes! Changes everywhere! Very cool though!

I wish I could say 'congrats', but I dislike XenForo so much that I'm at a loss for words right now... :shifty:

This. I don't really like to use XF as it just feels like something old trying to be something new... BUT I also know how hard it is to be a site admin and your members never respond well to change, so I'll keep my mouth quiet :)

Any chance we could have UI.X in fluid???

This. I don't really like to use XF as it just feels like something old trying to be something new... BUT I also know how hard it is to be a site admin and your members never respond well to change, so I'll keep my mouth quiet :)
Change can be good, provided it's the right type of change... Switching from MyBB to XenForo is like changing from a nice, comfortable suit into some weird clothes designed by Lady Gaga...

Any chance we could have UI.X in fluid???

Sure I'll set that up soon.

Change can be good, provided it's the right type of change... Switching from MyBB to XenForo is like changing from a nice, comfortable suit into some weird clothes designed by Lady Gaga...

The thread layout is basically the same. The index page is what's noticeably changed. I'll be working on trying to get it looking better and adding more useful things to the sidebar. :)

Also have the postbit avaters abit big like before on MyBB Forum.

Thanks!

Perhaps, I'll look into it.

Now that I got things figured out, I really love the change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom