Vegetarians Vs Vegans

nomad

Dedicated Member

I have tried vegetarian diet for a couple of years but never tried vegan diet. Sometimes my plate consists of vegan food but that is purely unintentional. What are your thoughts on vegetarian diet and vegan diets. Do you really believe animal based food is really bad for human beings and also to the environment?

Reactions: Nebulous
Do you really believe animal based food is really bad for human beings and also to the environment?
Personally, no, I do not believe this. I believe that food animals can be not harmful to the environment when/if properly & humanely managed.

Reactions: Nebulous
I won't claim to know what's right or wrong, but I do believe that many people today consume an excessive amount of meat in their daily diets, neglecting other essential foods like vegetables.

In my upbringing, meat was primarily reserved for weekend meals, and even then, it wasn't as abundant as it seems to be for most people nowadays.
While I can't imagine myself becoming a vegan entirely, I do enjoy honey and other non-vegan products, I could easily adopt a vegetarian lifestyle if I chose to.

However, I don't see anything necessarily bad with consuming meat, it's just a matter of moderation. I believe in balance.

What most people consider a "vegan" is actually only halfway there.

If they eat a root vegetable, they are destroying the entire plant. That sort of violence is despicable to a Jain, who only consumes products produced by non-violence.

I have had some vegan / vegetarian dishes that were amazing. I wouldn't want to be vegan or vegetarian 24/7 but they do have good food options.

Reactions: passenger

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.