What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What Are You Currently Reading?

Armistead Maupin's Tales Of The City

Anonymoose said:
Webster said:
Armistead Maupin's Tales Of The City

i recall that book was turned into a tv series i think

Yeah, it was..FWIW, the TV series was pretty good. :cool:

need to get back on some reading but don't know what though... need to look through some book/review sites and some pages to help me spark an interest in something...

And The Band Played On by Randy Shilts

objectTreasureChest.png

Towards the end of The Surgeon now.
Bought this yesterday.
markus-heitz-the-dwarves-large.jpg

On Basilisk Station by David Weber

hidden depths by anne cleeves...........only got 40 pages to go!!...still havnt worked out who did the murders!!

Stormrider said:
Towards the end of The Surgeon now.  
Bought this yesterday.
markus-heitz-the-dwarves-large.jpg

I love those books!!!

I'm currently reading "A Storm of Swords" by George R. R. Martin. No spoilers please!

I haven't really kept this thread up-to-date with my rereading spree :p
Evil Eye said:
Rereading The Mad Ship.
Before this I reread Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest, and Ship of Magic. After my last post I continued with Fool's Errant and The Golden Fool. I've almost finished Fool's Fate, then I'll get started on Dragon Keeper.

The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

Finished Dragon Keeper a little while ago and am about halfway through Dragon Haven.

Evil Eye said:
Mr. Kringle said:
This thread
Meta.

Very meta....as for me: at the moment, I'm still making my way through The Exegesis Of Philip K. Dick. That is one mind-screwingly long book... :ohmy:

About to start God of Vengeance by Giles Kristian

Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires #13)
by Rachel Caine (

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind

Fear Street: Party Games by R.L. Stine

I finished Dragon Haven and City of Dragons. I'll get started on Blood of Dragons soon.

Finished the above; got started on Fool's Assassin. I intend to read Edge of Eternity afterwards.

Mostly Harmless (Hitchhiker's Guide, #5) by Douglas Adams
I enjoyed the first four books in this series but this one I'm struggling with. Im not sure if that's because I've forgotten some vital information in the few months since I finished the other books or if it is a weaker more confusing story.

Someone To Watch Over Me - Judith McNaught

Started reading Viking Warrior again as it has to go back to the library on Tuesday. Read 5 chapters last night, looking forward to reading more tonight.

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Foster

Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst

"Lies, secrets, and magic — three things that define Kayla's life.

Sixteen-year-old Kayla plans to spend her summer hanging out on the beach in Santa Barbara and stealing whatever she wants, whenever she wants it. Born with the ability to move things with her mind — things like credit cards, diamond rings, and buttons on cash registers — she has become a master shoplifter. She steals to build up a safety net, enough money for her and her mom to be able to flee if her dad finds them again. Well, that, and the thrill of using her secret talents.

But her summer plans change when she's caught stealing by a boy named Daniel — a boy who needs her help and is willing to blackmail her to get it. Daniel has a talent of his own. He can teleport, appearing anywhere in the world in an instant, but he lies as easily as he travels. Together, they embark on a quest to find and steal an ancient incantation, written on three indestructible stones and hidden millennia ago, all to rescue Daniel's kidnapped mother. But Kayla has no idea that this rescue mission will lead back to her own family — and to betrayals that she may not be able to forgive... or survive."

I've been meaning to sit down and re-read Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" novel. I claim it to be my favorite, but haven't touched it in years!

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom