What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What do most people still believe, even if it was scientifically proven wrong?

P

pgn23

Religion.
Being in the cold will give you the common cold.
Flat Earth "theory".
That their next bet (roulette, slots, whatever) has better chances based on their previous bet.

I still can't comprehend how someone can think that the earth is flat.
(seriously, I know someone very close that believes in that theory)

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
I still can't comprehend how someone can think that the earth is flat.
(seriously, I know someone very close that believes in that theory)
I don't personally know anyone who believes the earth is flat, but from time to time flat earth posts will show up in my Facebook feed and they are always entertaining to read. Those people are so SURE that they're right. And they think that science backs them up. :LOL:

Those people are so SURE that they're right. And they think that science backs them up. :LOL:

I debated with a Flat Earther on Quora a few years ago. It was a waste of my time.

I even presented a link from NASA's website to tell him that he was wrong and he dismissed it claiming that NASA are all liars. :shrug:

Fake Earthers blow my mind and the reasonings they have to explain natural occurrences are comedy most of the time.

I feel like Global Warming is one of the easiest answers here as the end results can be debated, but the actual warming can be measured by any person with the money for weather balloons and an Excel spreadsheet to track the years. And yet people are diehard that the entire thing is fake.

Fake Earthers blow my mind and the reasonings they have to explain natural occurrences are comedy most of the time.

Mine too and for the reason that we learned in public school that the whole Flat Earth idea was proven wrong. I thought it was a dead belief, but nope. Some people have surprised me.

I debated with a Flat Earther on Quora a few years ago. It was a waste of my time.

I even presented a link from NASA's website to tell him that he was wrong and he dismissed it claiming that NASA are all liars. :shrug:

You should realise they drill it into there kid's heads like it was God's word. Hard to change someone's mind when they have grown and see it being true

People still believe you have to wait 30 minutes after eating before going swimming

I feel like Global Warming is one of the easiest answers here as the end results can be debated, but the actual warming can be measured by any person with the money for weather balloons and an Excel spreadsheet to track the years. And yet people are diehard that the entire thing is fake.
I do believe that Global Warning is real, but it's a natural course of nature, and not caused by humans.
My argument to believe that is: When the ice era, there were no humans around and the planet warmed up.

I do believe that Global Warning is real, but it's a natural course of nature, and not caused by humans.
My argument to believe that is: When the ice era, there were no humans around and the planet warmed up.
That is the key to the debate that most people overlook. We are still in an Ice Age and are currently departing it without much reference on how that goes, but warming is surely part of it. The question of how much pollution plays a role and such is the real answer we should be looking for. Granted, I'm personally okay if the gas plant down the road isn't allowed to release tons of toxic fumes in their daily work to combat global warming, but how much that affects the warming is always a question.

That is the key to the debate that most people overlook. We are still in an Ice Age and are currently departing it without much reference on how that goes, but warming is surely part of it. The question of how much pollution plays a role and such is the real answer we should be looking for. Granted, I'm personally okay if the gas plant down the road isn't allowed to release tons of toxic fumes in their daily work to combat global warming, but how much that affects the warming is always a question.

I got it!
Everything affects, more or less. Let's say they close down those plants. Now, lets stop the food industry for producing toxic food too, lets stop using cars, lets stop creating cities (they are the most toxic places, what else? well lets stop human civilization to prevent affecting the planet... That will not happen. I am in love with the idea for example,
starting with USA, we are very worry about pollution and Global Warning right? But we love to buy cheap products from other countries that they don't care that much about pollution and we create markets for them. To my little brain, that is gas-lighting, a huge lie, the Big Bang of lies, the mother of mass manipulation --Someone is making a lot of money out of "Global Warming"

Last edited:
I got it!
Everything affects, more or less. Let's say they close down those plants. Now, lets stop the food industry for producing toxic food too, lets stop using cars, lets stop creating cities (they are the most toxic places, what else? well lets stop human civilization to prevent affecting the planet... That will not happen. I am in love with the idea for example,
starting with USA, we are very worry about pollution and Global Warning right? But we love to buy cheap products from other countries that they don't care that much about pollution and we create markets for them. To my little brain, that is gas-lighting, a huge lie, the Big Bang of lies, the mother of mass manipulation --Someone is making a lot of money out of "Global Warming"

Everyone knows without a doubt that Global Warming is happening. After all do you think the Canadian government would be looking at ways of reducing cow farts if it wasn't. :funny:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's others that have been mentioned, but the main one for me is religion. It's scary how brainwashed these people are.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom