What Small Things Have You Seen and Taken Note of Today?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Have you ever heard the phrase “stop and smell the roses” (that is, “slow down and enjoy life”)? How much do you think you’re able to do that?

Review today in your mind, from the time you woke up until now: what seemingly insignificant or small, pleasant or interesting things have you noticed so far?

:ponder:

My Christmas Cactus has new buds and hopefully they will bloom soon!

Saw deer tracks in the backyard.

Noticed a hawk circling the yard. Thought it saw something and was going to scoop it up but the hawk then flew away.

^Nice nice.

I noticed the frost all over the grass, it looked kinda cool. Also it's still dark outside but fading to daylight slowly, so I'll get to steal a few glances at the sunrise.

I watched some houses bathe in the light of the setting sun. In the afternoon, but hey, it's winter time.

Bee's are hard workers.

Momma birds need to make sure their babies don't fall to their death (out of the nest).

Leaf blowers have an interesting sound.

People should look both ways before crossing the street.

Have you ever heard the phrase “stop and smell the roses” (that is, “slow down and enjoy life”)? How much do you think you’re able to do that?

Review today in your mind, from the time you woke up until now: what seemingly insignificant or small, pleasant or interesting things have you noticed so far?

:ponder:
Counting the number of tomatoes growing in my vegetable garden and thinking, "Pretty soon I'm gonna' have me some 'mater sandwiches..." :)

Someone I know isn't having a good day although she's trying really hard to not make it obvious.

I had to take note today of the fact that I will never be able to keep up with all of the acronyms going on in today's text-oriented language. o_O :LOL:

I had to take note today of the fact that I will never be able to keep up with all of the acronyms going on in today's text-oriented language. o_O :LOL:
.....or all the genders people create for themselves. :p

normally i do this all the time, but i didn't do it today hah

I noticed a lot of trash and weeds in the parking lot of this one store I go to. Wondered why they aren't taking care of it?

on youtube, I found an entire old episode of a show I watched as a kid called " eliminator"

it's an old game show. loved reliving it and was surprised by how little of it I actually remembered

believe it or not, it was actually the time i wrote down haha

I noticed a bird singing in the backyard. It made some good music :)

Have you ever heard the phrase “stop and smell the roses” (that is, “slow down and enjoy life”)?
Thank you for including the parenthetical because that original phrase irks me as someone who could never actually smell. xD
As for today... I have learned that there are some more interesting town names in my state than I already knew of.
Also learned that where an earthquake originates still tends to confuse people. I've seen like 3 towns in 3 different articles as for where today's earthquake was originating from. They're at least all in the same county, though...

Thank you for including the parenthetical because that original phrase irks me as someone who could never actually smell. xD
As for today... I have learned that there are some more interesting town names in my state than I already knew of.
Also learned that where an earthquake originates still tends to confuse people. I've seen like 3 towns in 3 different articles as for where today's earthquake was originating from. They're at least all in the same county, though...
Some good observations from you today! (y)

I learned today that my headphones do not warn me when they are dying. They just die and leave me in silence, without even being aware that the silence is because they died during the voice call where we're already barely talking. xD

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom