What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

What’s your favorite board game?

Clue will always be my favorite board game!

I loved it so much as a kid that I had like 5 different versions, saw the movie like every day, bought books!

Scattergories

Checkers...I never really got into anything really other than Checkers.

Sorry was our go to game as kids, so I suppose that. I was never really into board games.

Monopoly and Risk were probably the most commonly played among mainstream boardgames.

Then there were the wargames my friends and I were into. Starfleet Battles was a tactical game set in an alternate Star Trek universe that existed by virtue of a weird copyright thing. Civilization was the game that ultimately inspired the popular series of computer games. Kingmaker was a strategy game of the War of the Roses. There were more but those were ones we came back to a lot.

Then there was Diplomacy, which kind of fell in between (sold as a mainstream boardgame but played like a more sophisticated strategic wargame).

Monopoly
Trouble

I absolutely love playing chess with friends. It might even be the only board game that I play. It stimulates me to think and develop strategies. This helps not only in the game but in real-life tasks as well. I don't play board games that often, although.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom