What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

50/50 on dates?

MrDawn

Off Topix Legend

Who should pay for the date?

Should it be one or should it be both parties that pay and split the bill down the middle?

Whoever's idea it was to go out on the date should pay.

For example Jerry asks Susan out on a date / invites her out to dinner. He should pay because it was his idea to go out in the first place.

On the flip side, Susan invites Jerry out on a date. In that situation she should pay. If she expects him to pay and it was her idea to go out in the first place, then she's a shitty person to date. :p

Now if Jerry and Susan have been dating for a while then they can take turns paying or split the bill ... or maybe one buys the food and the other buys the drinks.
If they get married and merge their finances (have a joint bank account) then it doesn't matter who pays because all their money is together.

Well in today's modern society, women have jobs and make money. Often times they make more money than the guy they are dating (I know several couples where the man makes less money). It only makes sense that they would pay at least half of the time.

I tend to think it should be whoever initiated the date.

Although, the first time I went out for dinner with my girlfriend, that didn't happen. She initiated it, but I paid for it, simply because her journey was longer and cost more!

I tend to think it should be whoever initiated the date.

Although, the first time I went out for dinner with my girlfriend, that didn't happen. She initiated it, but I paid for it, simply because her journey was longer and cost more!

How long did she travel to see you?

I'm of the mindset that it should be you pay for what you order and I'll pay for what I order.

Anyone ever go to a place where they wont split the check? I experienced that recently and I was very annoyed. Went out with a group of 6 people and we all wanted to pay for ourselves but the restaurant said they could only divide the total by 6 and not charge each guest for what they ordered. Didn't get a clear explanation on why either. Anyway we all got a bill for $50 and I didn't order $50 worth of food. Some people in our party went all out with their orders and some had more modest orders. It wasn't fair.

Anyone ever go to a place where they wont split the check? I experienced that recently and I was very annoyed. Went out with a group of 6 people and we all wanted to pay for ourselves but the restaurant said they could only divide the total by 6 and not charge each guest for what they ordered. Didn't get a clear explanation on why either. Anyway we all got a bill for $50 and I didn't order $50 worth of food. Some people in our party went all out with their orders and some had more modest orders. It wasn't fair.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom