What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Advice and tips on people looking/wanting to fight?

Kale

Gold Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

I've never been taught much outside of DO NOT DO IT! Don't fight people, don't instigate, no nothing!

What advice do you have to handle someone looking or wanting to fight you? Should you ignore them? Should you actually defend yourself and square up?

Video related a bit. A trucker was trying to fight this guy and obviously he knew not to pullover and actually do it.

What advice do you have to handle someone looking or wanting to fight you? Should you ignore them?
If you're driving then yeah ignore them. Try to get away from them (safely).

Should you actually defend yourself and square up?
If you're face to face and there is no way to escape them, then thats your only choice.

My advice is to ignore and back off. It's never worth it to risk injury or death. We've seen countless stories in the news of people pulling out weapons and killing other drivers.

My advice is to ignore and back off. It's never worth it to risk injury or death. We've seen countless stories in the news of people pulling out weapons and killing other drivers.

Indeed. You never know what you're dealing with! There are some real psychos out there.

I've had people go crazy and start yelling at me in public and I just ignore them and go about my business.

We've seen countless stories in the news of people pulling out weapons and killing other drivers.
This is likely what could have happened to this man in the video if he did fight him. A ton of people even commented saying in the world we're in nowadays not worth it.

I've had people go crazy and start yelling at me in public and I just ignore them and go about my business.
Yup, same. Just ignore them and move on with your day.

I've dealt with customers like this at Wal-Mart that get up in your face.

Walgreens here, and yeah had some very shitty customers while working there as my first job. I actually did snap back at one before, but didn't get in trouble by the manager. All I did was I kept asking them to move to another register. They told me to 'move to that other register'. Well, I recalled that managers sometimes did refunds, returns, etc on the other register so the cashier can continue checking others.

It was soo long ago I don't recall entire context... I think I said like "I'll make you go to the other register". Manager did come up and told me to go to the office. Didn't get into any trouble if I recall. Just got a 'talking to' iirc.

Walgreens here, and yeah had some very shitty customers while working there as my first job. I actually did snap back at one before, but didn't get in trouble by the manager. All I did was I kept asking them to move to another register. They told me to 'move to that other register'. Well, I recalled that managers sometimes did refunds, returns, etc on the other register so the cashier can continue checking others.

It was soo long ago I don't recall entire context... I think I said like "I'll make you go to the other register". Manager did come up and told me to go to the office. Didn't get into any trouble if I recall. Just got a 'talking to' iirc.
Wal-Mart is doesn't care. They're not understanding at all. They act like the customer is always right unless they sexually harass you. I worked with this girl back in 2011 that was being attacked by a couple that got fired because she said to them: "I get along better with cows than I do with people", and I never understood why management took her job over that.

I've dealt with customers like this at Wal-Mart that get up in your face.

Wow, what a bully. She has probably gone through life bullying people into getting whatever she wants.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom