What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Annoying Things Said at Work

Corleone

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

Customers ask me ALL THE TIME.... "Are you working hard?" lol It was okay after the first 1,000 times I was asked, but enough is enough! Haha I am not actually frustrated over it, but it does get a little old when customers ask me that question :p

What's the most annoying part about your job? Or if you have a case similar to mine, what is something that's said to you that you find annoying?

I have to deal with overly snobby uppity people who want the world and would still be complaining even if they got it. It gets old after a while. :rolleyes:

'get a real job' to which i reply 'why should i take a pay cut just to work for somebody who's likely to be a jerk?'

TommyTooter said:
'get a real job' to which i reply 'why should i take a pay cut just to work for somebody who's likely to be a jerk?'

Depending on the "real job" you might not get a pay cut, you might be making more money. :money:

Corleone said:
Customers ask me ALL THE TIME.... "Are you working hard?" lol It was okay after the first 1,000 times I was asked, but enough is enough! Haha I am not actually frustrated over it, but it does get a little old when customers ask me that question :p

What's the most annoying part about your job? Or if you have a case similar to mine, what is something that's said to you that you find annoying?

I had a woman once tell me, whilst I was picking up shoes to put away after a customer had strewn them about, that "that must suck". Well, no shit, lady. Would you like to pick up after sloppy ass customers who can't figure out or don't care to put things back where they got them?

Dee said:
Corleone said:

I had a woman once tell me, whilst I was picking up shoes to put away after a customer had strewn them about, that "that must suck". Well, no shit, lady. Would you like to pick up after sloppy ass customers who can't figure out or don't care to put things back where they got them?

Yeah I hate those little comments people make when you're stuck doing something that is undesired / no fun.

Things like this: "Well, What do you think?" "What's the good word?" "Working hard or hardly working?"

The part that really has annoyed me is when I start answering and they walk away from me while I'm talking. That is so rude.

"Can I grab this cart?" "Mind if I get this one?" "Can I go ahead and use the bathroom?" "Closed for cleaning?" "Excuse me, do you work here?" "Is there really nobody that can get me something from the Butcher Block?"

I answer the phone at my job and we have two "johns" that are not related and when I ask "which john," many times the caller will say john senior and that is always so annoying to me I just want to scream!! I just politely say there is no john senior, what's it regarding....

"I have the utmost faith in you and how you do your job, BUT..."

Yeah. Just know that whatever you're about to say completely negates what you did just say, so save us both the unnecessary preamble, 'kay?

Oh, and also...you PAY me for my ability TO do my job on your behalf, so unless you're about to hang out your OWN little shingle to get paid by others to do what I do,

your idea about "a *better* way to do ______", is probably NOT gonna fly. ;)

"Why don't you have this product"? ...I than say its because we have ran out. and they reply well it seems like you are always out. And usually the products they want are the ones on sale and most of these people who get mad about a product not being there come very late at night. like come during the day and you might get what you want :mad:

"Can I grab this cart?" "Mind if I get this one?" "Can I go ahead and use the bathroom?" "Closed for cleaning?" "Excuse me, do you work here?" "Is there really nobody that can get me something from the Butcher Block?"

Do you guys have to wear uniforms at your job? That should be some indication that you do in fact work there.

"Do you work here?"

Several times daily. No. This nametag, equipment, walkie, the empty shelf I'm holding... I'm just cosplaying as an employee.

Sometimes the whole "Happy friday!" followed by "YAY!!" exchange gets old.

When I worked at Waimart l always hated getting the question "Do you work here?" No lady, I just like wearing a Walmart vest, :V At my current job I don't really get annoyed with what people say, I work at a factory and don't have to worry about dealing with annoying customers. I just have to worry about making good quality parts, tagging parts correctly, and entering in parts correctly too.

Asking a customer would they like to donate to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Their response: "They should be donating to me."

"What store is this?"

When layaway was a thing.
"Can I use food stamps to pay for my layaway?"

Asking a customer would they like to donate to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Their response: "They should be donating to me."

"What store is this?"

When layaway was a thing.
"Can I use food stamps to pay for my layaway?"
Oh for Pete's sake! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Ya gotta have super-self control working with "the public". Not for the naturally sarcastic inclined. :LOL:

How do you respond to that?

I would say "Why?" :p

Manager:
"Can you stay? So, so didn't show up."

Me: No.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom