What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How far you walking?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

How far or for how long are you willing to walk? Would you walk to the store if it’s 35 minutes away?

I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more. :p

Love that song!

I would walk a mile or two max. Anything longer than that would be a nuisance.

Depends on if I'm required to walk or not. Generally speaking, I probably would walk across our small town at most for exercise purposes or to browse around stores not near my house. Though, I prefer walking around the block where there's not so much traffic. Been trying to take two walks around the block daily.

Don't do walking. Agoraphobic since 2014.

Only went out because I had to. Never liked going out or being with others.

Very likely, Neb. Diagnosed with autism late in life.

I don't mind a long walk.

I love walking. Honestly I cannot wait for the Spring so I can get out there for my morning walks again.

I used to hike with my dad all day during the summers. It's not very fun when it's hot, muggy, and 90 degrees out.

I think the most I've walked is approximately 17.39 miles. That was 40k steps between Disneyland and California Adventure. I typically average between 29k-40k steps when I'm there.

I would definitely not walk 35 minutes to get to a store. I walk around at work, and usually have to walk across the building. I'm not sure how wide our building is though... I don't mind walking here and there.

I think the most I've walked is approximately 17.39 miles. That was 40k steps between Disneyland and California Adventure. I typically average between 29k-40k steps when I'm there.

Thats a lot of walking! I usually do around 20k steps in a work day.

Thats a lot of walking! I usually do around 20k steps in a work day.
I wish I could do more, but my job is sedentary and I'm falling victim to the distaste of getting up from my seat, lol. I just need to force myself to get up and walk around the area more. It just sucks when it's pissing rain all the time.

I wish I could do more, but my job is sedentary and I'm falling victim to the distaste of getting up from my seat, lol. I just need to force myself to get up and walk around the area more. It just sucks when it's pissing rain all the time.
Maybe one of those standing desks will help out?

If God wanted me to walk then he wouldn't have provided 2 vehicles for me to use.

Yes, I've been to multiple clinics and used them myself, but we have to get them actually in and this company is shite, so I don't think I'd be able to get one any time soon unless it was medically necessary.

Or if you bought one for yourself, which would be lame.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom