What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

If you were me, what would you do?

FTON

FTON Master

I used to hang out with someone i know as a friend and a classmate since the debut of this year, but something happened has completely ruined everything, few weeks ago he started making some jokes while i was taking them funny and working, when the class' atmosphere has turned to some kind of weird discussions, he got upset, he got even more upset when i have told few jokes, for an instant he said something bad about parental raising, i seriously got upset, after two weeks, he tried to contact me but i ignored him, since that each one on his own, If you were me, what would you do?

To be honest, I am not following what you are trying to say. Was he making jokes that were directed at you?

No, but when i made jokes, some reason he became nervous.

Sounds to me like there is some kind of misunderstanding between the two of you. Like you said, he tried to contact you but you decided to ignore him. If you value him as a friend, you should talk this out with him. If you could care less if he's your friend or not, then keep ignoring him like you're doing now.

Maybe your jokes were in bad taste.

I can see that happening.

I think it's best you get with him to discuss it. It seems like there is a disconnect between the two of you and this might be over a simple misunderstanding which is essentially nothing and I would hate to lose a friend when I didn't need to. At worst, you have a problem you can't reconcile but at best you can clear the air and continue on with your friendship.

Continuing to ignore him will leave you wondering what if you talked to him about it and how it might of went and I would think it would best to find out so at least you can know for sure of what the issue is and isn't.

One possibility is that your joke struck a nerve with him and it had more to do with you inadvertently bringing up a sensitive subject rather then you doing anything intentionally bad.

What I'd recommend here is to look for a guidance teacher and explain him/her the issue. You'll get some tips to deal with your friend.

Back in 2003, I had serious issues with a girl when I was starting elementary school, since she thought back then I would persecute her just because of her appearance. This same thing repeated with another girl last year, since June. Most issues like this (if you ignore your friend) will take 2-3 years to be fully solved and forgotten.

There is definitely something going on with him that either you did not mention in your post, or perhaps that you don't know about.

Sorting it out in a neutral environment, such as in the counselor's office might be the best option.

FTON said:
for an instant he said something bad about parental raising, i seriously got upset, after two weeks, he tried to contact me but i ignored him

So he insulted you and you refuse to talk to him? Why not forgive and forget?
I'm sure neither of you meant for this to be a serious matter.

@FTON: Have you decided what you're going to do?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom