What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Lost your temper?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

When was the last time you lost your temper?

About what?

:banghead:

Probably at my daughter a couple weeks ago. I had asked her to clean her room several times over a couple weeks (it was a MESS in there). Dirty laundry piled up, dirty dishes that had been sitting there for a while, overflowing trash can, empty water bottles all over the place, carpet in desperate need of vacuuming, etc. I asked her maybe once a day for a while and I got tired of asking. Told her she can either get her room clean or she can pack her stuff and go find another house to disrespect (I wasn't really going to kick her out but I wanted to get my point across). Anyway, it worked and now her room is clean. Told her she better keep it that way too.

I don't generally lose it. If i feel like i will, i have a space for me i go to and let it go out of me. Worked so far.

I don't generally lose it. If i feel like i will, i have a space for me i go to and let it go out of me. Worked so far.

Same here, that instance I mentioned above was the first time I got angry in a very very long time.

A week or two ago. I left work early because I was in pretty bad pain/generally feeling like ass, so I drove to get some McDee's breakfast and was totally fine mood-wise until I drove up this street I normally turn down to head home. It's a side street, so it's not very wide. Cars park on either sides, giving minimal room to get through. Anyway, there was a FedEx truck parked IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD with its hazards on. Obviously, the guy was making a delivery, but he had parked his large truck and blocked off the entire road. I lost it. I started slamming on the horn and these guys from an apartment building where the FedEx guy was delivering were watching and telling me to calm down. I'm pretty sure I shouted something along the lines of, "YOU HAD TO PARK RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING AMAZON TRUCK, ASSHOLE?!" There was one parked at the sidewalk like it fucking should've been with its hazards indicating it, too, was making a delivery. But this FedEx guy decided to block the entire street because they couldn't drive literally 20 feet forward to pull up to the sidewalk and out of the way of the road (should've done this in the first place).

Normally, I do not flip out on people like that, especially ones who are doing their jobs, but my experience with delivery drivers (FedEx in particular) have been less than pleasant. They just straight up don't give a shit. What if that had been a firetruck responding to a fired on that road? What if it had been EMTs responding to a medical emergency?

Whew, anyway. No one got hurt and we all eventually started moving again.

TL;DR - I need to get my temper in check. :)

A week or two ago. I left work early because I was in pretty bad pain/generally feeling like ass, so I drove to get some McDee's breakfast and was totally fine mood-wise until I drove up this street I normally turn down to head home. It's a side street, so it's not very wide. Cars park on either sides, giving minimal room to get through. Anyway, there was a FedEx truck parked IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD with its hazards on. Obviously, the guy was making a delivery, but he had parked his large truck and blocked off the entire road. I lost it. I started slamming on the horn and these guys from an apartment building where the FedEx guy was delivering were watching and telling me to calm down. I'm pretty sure I shouted something along the lines of, "YOU HAD TO PARK RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING AMAZON TRUCK, ASSHOLE?!" There was one parked at the sidewalk like it fucking should've been with its hazards indicating it, too, was making a delivery. But this FedEx guy decided to block the entire street because they couldn't drive literally 20 feet forward to pull up to the sidewalk and out of the way of the road (should've done this in the first place).

Normally, I do not flip out on people like that, especially ones who are doing their jobs, but my experience with delivery drivers (FedEx in particular) have been less than pleasant. They just straight up don't give a shit. What if that had been a firetruck responding to a fired on that road? What if it had been EMTs responding to a medical emergency?

Whew, anyway. No one got hurt and we all eventually started moving again.

TL;DR - I need to get my temper in check. :)

Been in that situation a few times. Instead of doing what you did I just sat there quietly and let the rage eat away at me instead. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
I used to lose my temper all the time, but not recently. Now I rotate between being ok-ish or utter despair. Haven't snapped at someone in quite a while.

I used to lose my temper all the time, but not recently. Now I rotate between being ok-ish or utter despair. Haven't snapped at someone in quite a while.
Well thats good that you're not raging out anymore. Sorry to hear that you're still depressed though :hug:

I saw a book about this on amazon earlier, Not sure why it popped up in suggestions, maybe its reading my browser history? :shrug:

Here's the book:

Amazon product

Chronic Mild Depression sounds lovely. Wouldn't mind that :D

Interesting book, might have to look into it.

Chronic Mild Depression sounds lovely. Wouldn't mind that :D

Interesting book, might have to look into it.
Maybe theres an audio book. Thats how I "read" books. :D

I find myself getting far too distracted by the movie I forget to do the actual exercising :D
Its easy to stay on task when you're just doing a receptive motion on a machine.

Receptive? Why did I write that? Repetitive***

Probably at my daughter a couple weeks ago. I had asked her to clean her room several times over a couple weeks (it was a MESS in there). Dirty laundry piled up, dirty dishes that had been sitting there for a while, overflowing trash can, empty water bottles all over the place, carpet in desperate need of vacuuming, etc. I asked her maybe once a day for a while and I got tired of asking. Told her she can either get her room clean or she can pack her stuff and go find another house to disrespect (I wasn't really going to kick her out but I wanted to get my point across). Anyway, it worked and now her room is clean. Told her she better keep it that way too.

I had to discipline my daughter the other day. She was lying about something that I called her out on, giving me dirty looks, yelling at me, and turning her back to me while I was talking to her. I lost it and went off on her, and then took her phone a away for a few days. She straightened up pretty quick after that.

I had to discipline my daughter the other day. She was lying about something that I called her out on, giving me dirty looks, yelling at me, and turning her back to me while I was talking to her. I lost it and went off on her, and then took her phone a away for a few days. She straightened up pretty quick after that.
What was she lying about?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom